• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon Defense Condition 1

Does anyone know if hot sauces will go bad, if they have been stored in the fridge and never have been opened?

I ask this because, this is a little embarrassing, I just opened a bottle of Defcon Sauce that I have had in the fridge for over a year. After working to remove all of the wax, I opened the lid and found that there was crusty sauce plugging the opening. Would this sauce be safe to eat still after I remove all of the crusty sauce or has it gone bad? It smells okay, I think...and tastes okay, it still has it's burn. :lol: I just don't want to be eating something that is spoiled.

Thanks y'all

For some reason they do do that around the lid. I have had that happen and eaten it and never gotten sick. I can't imagine it being bad if you had it in the fridge.

Well, I'm no FDA official, so don't hold me liable. :lol: But, I would still try to scrape the hard stuff out and not drop it in the sauce.

hahahah its why i have probs getting sauce out of most of my test stuff,, they sit there for ages and yea get glooped up round the top,,

unless it explodes or volcano's out when opened, itll be ok.

The stuff is fine. It gets a little gooped around the inside of the neck after time because of the dairy in it. As long as it's in the fridge, it'll last for years.

Back