• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce defcon sauces shelf-life once open...

I bought one bottle of Defcon 1 and Defcon 2 sauce in July of 2008. I opened them in August of 2008 and promptly refrigerated them. I haven't done wings in quite a while, but I finally got the urge to do some again. Will these sauces still be good 6 months later after they were already open? They do not smell bad. I am just wondering. Don't want to make the family sick. I know the Defcon Creater said 10-11 months shelf life but I am assuming that means unopened.

I found a half eaten bottle of Defcon 2 a while ago that I know sat for nearly a year and it was fine even though it hadn't been in the refridgerator. I know that isn't recommended, but it was fine. I'm sure yours are ok I know about all the warnings and botulism and all that, but I think the recommendations are generally made as precautions to cover the manufacturer's ass' in case of lawsuits.

I think when he said 10 to 11 months was opened and refrigerated. I've had some last that long in the reefer and it was fine.

We've had stuff in the fridge for WELL over a year, actually two, and it's fine. As long as they have been in the fridge since last summer, you should be fine.

Back