dehydrators Dehydrator venting to outdoors for super hots - Futile?

Hello All,

I'd like to be able to run my dehydrator in the kitchen while dehydrating super hots, without stifling the wife and kids with hot pepper fumes (wouldn't we all, right?).

Has anyone had success with venting a dehydrator to the outdoors while dehydrating super hots to the point where sensitive others in the home were not bothered or affected by the hot pepper fumes normally produced during the dehydration process?

I have a feeling I am asking for the impossible here, but if anyone has been able to effectively vent hot pepper fumes from their dehydrator to the outside, I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions, or seeing pics of your set-up, if you'd like to share your ideas on this challenging endeavor.

Thank you!  :)  

bigflies said:
I have a feeling I am asking for the impossible here, but if anyone has been able to effectively vent hot pepper fumes from their dehydrator to the outside, I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions, or seeing pics of your set-up, if you'd like to share your ideas on this challenging endeavor.

Thank you!  :)

I have a large Excalibur 2900ECB 9-Tray and have never attempted to run indoors & vent outdoors. I would be hesitant to jury-rig venting hot air exhausting from any dehydrator through the house to an outside accessible vent as I haven't a clue of the overheating (Read that as "fire hazard"!) possibilities.

I have a covered landing with an outside GFCI that powers the dehydrator where it doesn't bother my family or myself as I was choking too. I realize this route doesn't fit everyone's lifestyles/home setup so YMMV.

I use the garage and still get complaints. I am sure it's possible, just not sure its worth it. Keep us posted on what you find

Broan charcoal filters, cut to size, place at vent. They are meant for the Broan ductless range hoods and trap grease (cap is an oil)...

https://amzn.to/2t2MiF4

A little more info might be helpful. Do you already have a range hood that vents outside? A nearby window? Preexisting bullet holes?

I have not done this, but could quite easily. I'll give you a couple of scenarios that you could use. I have installed something very similar to this as a dust abatement system in my shop. And, it works well and was cheap.
It uses boating marine duct hose. Similar to dryer duct hose. The link gives an example of the gear.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FXHVSIC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE4T1VTVU9MTlpIVTAmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzNjcxMzAzMlc4WVVWSlo4RlNBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMTY1MDIzQkJZMVpKRzdZTkZPJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsMiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1). I have a hood that vents outside - get some hose and a couple of semi-disposable food containers of appropriate size. Cut hose to appropriate length of run. Cut hole for hose in bottom of containers. Silicone hose in place. Silicone upside down container onto lid of dehydrator. Attach other container under hood fan.

2). I have a window that I can crack open 3". Same set-up, but buy the blower fan. Install the blower fan mid-line near the window. Just toss a few feet of hose out the window. The fan is 12v, so you'll need an inverter to power. I use an old laptop power supply.

Just some thoughts.

Back