business Delgado's Fuego hot sauce looking to grow!

Hello all!

I am new to this community and was advised to post here about our story.

I'm sure we have a similar story than others. We started making sauce for my dad's birthday on July 4th. Friends and family asked to get some for a few years, then I did a market at a company I worked at for only employees so they didn't care about much. Then went through all of the steps to be able to sell it to te public. Added 2 other flavors and stuck to vendor markets cause this is a hobby to spend time with my father.

Now we do understand we have a small following and would be best for us to take it to the next level and continue to grow more and more.
I have been advised to get a food broker to help me understand what we need to make it to stores, I would also need a co-packer.
We have all 3 sauces with Rocoto peppers. Currently sell them on an 8pz mason jar. Originally sold it on 16oz mason jars which now are sold in our website by order.
I have been reaching out to some stores to udnerstand how to wholesale. I do udnerstand I need to lower my production costs in order to sell them there.
But I'd rather get the demand first before I start producing bulk and get stuck with it.
I am also thinking we should probably look into 5oz woozy bottles (originally wanted to set apart from all hot sauces)
What would you guys recommend?
Any youtubers, influencers, you guys recommend I reach out to to get some good reviews that would generate some momentum in generating demand?
Any hot sauce contests in the country I should be submitting to? (Currently applied for the NC one in Oxford, NC)

We are located in Charlotte, NC and have event with all of our Peruvian swag.

www.delgadosfuego.com

Thank you so much and we are excited to be aprt of this community!

Attachments

• PXL_20231008_152704564.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231008_152704564.MP.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 53
There's no real secret you just have to grind. Get out there and get the sauce out there. I'd definitely play up the father/son angle. It's a sweet picture with you and your dad, and I like your shirt. Perhaps you can work this into your logo, maybe somebody can draw it. Your story helps sell. Play up your story. Own it, it's real you just have to use it in your marketing better.

There's no real secret you just have to grind. Get out there and get the sauce out there. I'd definitely play up the father/son angle. It's a sweet picture with you and your dad, and I like your shirt. Perhaps you can work this into your logo, maybe somebody can draw it. Your story helps sell. Play up your story. Own it, it's real you just have to use it in your marketing better.
Thanks! I was starting to worry if my post went out for people to see

I think the woozy bottles are a great idea.
Yeah I like the jars but they do not convey hot sauce, the shape of the woozy implies hot sauce. I get the idea of originality, but you also don't want to make decisions that require you to explain what the product is when you can avoid all that with a bottle shape.

Back