• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Demon Chilli

Felt a bit like 'thunder stealing' on JungleRain when I commented on the 'Demon Piri Piri' (really sorry about that JR. didn't mean it in any bad way).

Here are some pics of said Piri Piri that popped up on one of my plants, horns and beard included! :hell:

P1010306.jpg

P1010307.jpg

P1010305.jpg

There are a few others on the plant with one or two extra 'growths', but this one was just too cool not to photograph! Who knows, there may be some sort of 'evil piri piri army' being formed on the plant...

The plant in question. About a foot high, but with a lot of flowers and pods for its size.

P1010308.jpg

Some flowers

P1010292.jpg

P1010291.jpg

With 'Big Brothers' Esplendor, Naga Morich and Chocolate Hab (top of photo).

P1010289.jpg

Those "horns" are called galls. Basically a nonobacteria (not harmful) was in the pod and the plant encased it and grew the "horns".

Cool!

Thank you for that new and very interesting morsel of information, imaguitargod. :)

So that means the pods will still be edible, correct?

Aji Chombo said:
Cool!

Thank you for that new and very interesting morsel of information, imaguitargod. :)

So that means the pods will still be edible, correct?

Yes! Eat them! There are bacteria everywhere, and you eat more of them every day than you'd care to know.

Excellent.

Will wait for this pod to turn red to take one final photo. No point calling it a 'demon chilli' if I don't take a photo of it bright red. :)

I don't know if your Demon Chilli is the same as my "Demon Red Hot" chilli plant. They are similar looking, but still a little different.

demonred001.jpg

Blister said:
I don't know if your Demon Chilli is the same as my "Demon Red Hot" chilli plant. They are similar looking, but still a little different.

demonred001.jpg

That is one nice looking plant!

They could be related. The one I'm growing was supposed to be piri piri, and they do look the part.

Are they both from the same family?

Back