• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Dessert is ready!

made NY style Cheesecake with some adjustments used some of the lighter cream cheese,
(I know why bother ;) )  no sugar but a tin of condense milk & a tad of sour & whipping
cream, corn starch & eggs,lemon zest & vanilla essence.Also made the sponge cake crust
base as per  recipe by Junior's Alan Rosen ..which took more time than the
actual cheesecake batter...but alas no cracks..creamy but not dense..
The sauce is a mix of blueberries & strawberries..."they" said it's real delicioso & I had to agree. :P
KFhEZ2f.jpg
KebnMBk.jpg

If you followed a Junior's recipe is must be good!!!!! 

wiriwiri said:
Hi Adrian,sure wish I could but I'll do the next best thing,I'll eat a slice for you with lots of sauce. ;) this is  what's left for tonight.

Haha! You could eat two slices for me!
Now here's the deal: I need no more slice, but I need the recipe. And if you don't want me to get in trouble with my wife, be sure to send it to mee, because she saw this picture and now I have no more peace with her...

I'll email you the recipe Adrian...it's lengthy b/c I included the original Junior's and the modifications I made.
so you really got 2 recipes to pick from...the crust can be substituted for any cheesecake crust you fancy as
that took some time,the springform pan is  essential as is the water bath  ..hope it goes well for the wife. ;)
Much info., on the www. r/e Juniors NY Cheesecake with lots of tips to make it right.

Looks like you had a wonderful Valentines/Birthday weekend  :cool:

My craziness :crazy:  would have added some crushed chacoense, praetermissum,   :think: or maybe even a crushed wiriwiri pod to some of the sprinkles  :mouthonfire:
separate from the other bowls of sprinkles for dipping of course, so the wife could enjoy her dipped strawberries as well  :)

wishing you a  :bday:  once again, and hoping you have a wonderful year  :!:

:cheers:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Looks like you had a wonderful Valentines/Birthday weekend  :cool:

My craziness :crazy:  would have added some crushed chacoense, praetermissum,   :think: or maybe even a crushed wiriwiri pod to some of the sprinkles  :mouthonfire:
separate from the other bowls of sprinkles for dipping of course, so the wife could enjoy her dipped strawberries as well  :)

wishing you a  :bday:  once again, and hoping you have a wonderful year  :!:

:cheers:
Hi Andy...kudos  for the Bday wishes & I hope the year  works  out well for me & also  you in all respects. ;)
I don't usually go out for V/Bday as it's always crowded in the restaurants  & the food meh and then the cost is
'jacked up"   for mediocre food.We are not blessed with great restaurants nearby,one has to travel
a bit to indulge in such or make it yourself,so I took a raincheck :D  on the "going out"  treat & did the cooking.

I should have done that with a sprinkling of your  smoked serrano  powder as I use it for special foodie items,
sparingly...its real good. Next time I make CC strawberries as I notice they are in all the markets..good idea.
Hope your V-Day was SPECIAL also in every way. :party:

That looks delicious! I may have to try this recipe. I always get frustrated with the cracks in my cheesecakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back