• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

detroitgirl77's 2013 season glog

I just started up my peppers on the 11th doing the paper towel germination thing. Started having tails popup on the 15th and many more are coming. Already planted over 100 germinated seeds in 72 cell jiffy trays and I already have bunch of baby plants. Will update with what I'm starting along with pics once I get onto a computer.

Here's my 2013 Gardening Album on facebook. All the pics I'm posting here are also there as well.

I apologize in advance for the huge pics.

Just a quick update. Woke up this morning and have tons more seedlings pushing through the soil. Will get pics posted by this weekend since I have to work all day tomorrow :(

Okay, a better update.

I am starting seeds in my basement, which is quite cold, so I decided to make my own heating mat using 2 incandescent rope light sets I bought before Christmas, a huge piece of foam insulation board and 2 small drywall pieces which cover the setup perfectly. I got my inspiration from here

Pics of my DIY heating mat:
486131_4750409570033_575695149_n.jpg

430030_4750409010019_1822221331_n.jpg

I started my seeds on February 11th on layers of paper towels inside of covered jiffy trays-I have everything marked in pen to what they are:

31914_4971383134234_87821652_n.jpg

My complete list of what I started on the paper towels with seed quantities in parenthesis:

7 Pot Barrackapore(4)
7 Pot Brain Strain, Red(8)
7 Pot Brain Strain, Yellow(8)
7 Pot Jonah(4)
7 Pot Primo(8)
7 Pot White(lots as they were from underripe pods)
Aji Lemon Drop(6)
Alma Paprika(6)
Bedder, Yellow(8)
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate(8)
Bhut Jolokia, Peach(6)
Bhut Jolokia, Red(8)
Bhut Jolokia, Yellow(8)
Brazilian Starfish(4)
Butch T Scorpion(8)
Carolina Reaper(8)
Cayenne, Long Slim(8)
Chile de Arbol(8)
Chile Pequin(8)
Chinese 5 Color Marble(8)
Chocolate Teardrop Babanero(4)
Datil(Pepper Joe grow)(60)
Dilley Street Tamworks Birdseye(8)
Donne Sali(4)
Douglah, Chocolate(6)
Douglah, Red(6)
Fatali, Chocolate(8)
Fatali, Yellow-Orange(8)
Filius Blue(5)
Fish(8)
Habanero, Chocolate(8)
Habanero, Mustard(8)
Habanero, Orange(8)
Habanero, Red Savina(5)
Habanero, White Bullet(6)
Habanero, White Yucatan(8)
Hinklehatz AKA Chickenheart(4)
Hungarian Black Paprika(4)
Labuya, Red(8)
Maui Purple(5)
Peter Pepper, Red(12)
Scorpion, Chocolate(3)
Scorpion, Orange(3)
Scorpion, Red(8)
Scorpion, Yellow(3)
Tabasco(6)
Tepin(8)
Trinidad Scorpion, Green(8)
Zanahoria Triangulo(8)

On 2/15/13, I noticed my first seeds with tails! I planted them in 72 ct jiffy trays with my own seed starting blend I came up with after researching and advice from local gardening friends. The mix consists of 50 % composted manure, the other 50 % consists of equal parts of peat humus, perilite and vermiculite.

2/15/13 germinated seeds
Alma Paprika 4 of 6
Bedder, Yellow 8 of 8
Chocolate Teardrop Babanero 4 of 4
Datil(60) 15 of 60
Fatali, Chocolate 6 of 8
Hungarian Black Paprika 2 of 4
Peter Pepper, Red 4 of 12

Cool setup...seen it before on here! Gonna click on your link and see if it takes me where I think it will...great looking list, nice mix of heats and treats! Good luck in your Sammy contest!

LOVE the germination method you are using, great way to recycle those lights and looks liek your having good germ rates.

Wishing you much success for the rest of your grow

Back