• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Devils Tongue

By a mile my favourite pepper is the Devils Tongue and the fatalii both in my opinion just strains of one common chilli.
Have you noticed more and more commercial sauces popping up onthe market using these guys, its a flavour that can not be matched IMO

any way had a few lazy beers and took some pics.
the plants, the pods and the product.
DSCF2423.jpg

stillmanz said:
By a mile my favourite pepper is the Devils Tongue and the fatalii both in my opinion just strains of one common chilli.
Have you noticed more and more commercial sauces popping up onthe market using these guys, its a flavour that can not be matched IMO

any way had a few lazy beers and took some pics.
the plants, the pods and the product.

what a beauty...

Fatalli has been my fav pepper for yrs now..
It kindda feels funny that it's catching the lime light now...

I always thought of it as my little secret go to pepper..lol

Stillmanz...what the best way to get my hands on some of that sauce you have there...E-Bay?

Ebay is probably the go.
RS will be opening the shop tommorrow, been down there cleaning it up and preping all day. Its been hot and Im pretty hung over,
so not much joy let me tell you.

Mick

I've got 2 bottles stashed away for my tour next week - great sauce. Not so keen on the pod itself..much prefer the Naga but thats just personal taste.
I dont figure theres a whole lot of difference in the scovilles

I'm growing both the Fatalii and the devil tounge (devil tounge seeds came from Stillmanz) for the first time this season....and I can't wait...

I have a few fatalii pods about 1 inch long and I am very excited....

P.S. I love that sauce......

nice going mick, the DT's are now my fav after tasting them from your seed this year.
And i've got one overwintering so only a couple o months to go before the weather improves and out doors it can go. So fingers crossed it makes it!

the fatalii is one of my favorites also, I introduced 2 chilehead friends to the fataliis last season - they never heard of them before, well thats not saying much cuz they've never heard of the many other chiles I've grown also :lol:
both thought the flavor was great! now both are gonna grow them this season.

Interesting statement. I grew fatalis last year for the first time. Great taste. In all honesty, though, I found them a bit lacking in the heat department. My chocolate habs were hotter, as were my Caribbean reds. In fact, not counting the nagas, the Caribbean reds were the hottest of my crop.

A fluke? Maybe I got a milder varietal? Don't know. But I liked them, and they were beautiful. The plants didn't produce as many peppers as the other varietals (chocolate habs came in late, but were huge), leading me to believe that I need to rethink the soil I used (miracle grow).

Anyway, I did like them.

Damn I wish I lived where the weather allowed me to grow year round......It is the middle of winter min Utah, na dhad it not been for my sister going to Panama....I would be going through serious withdrawls. Are there places that I can purchase peppers year rounds? Thanks for the help.

Back