• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

Devv said:

It does burn slowly, and once it's going it just burns. The key it to let it season for two years before use.

I do feel my age processing this ;)
That just plain makes my back hurt looking at those piles.   Should have bought some stock in Tylenol!     Great looking pile of future winter warming firewood!

Have a great Holiday!

thirdcoasttx said:
Can't wait to see your garden next year Scott, I'm sure it will be great! Happy holidays!

Thanks Daniel!

Back atcha with a have a Happy Thanksgiving too!

East Texas Heat said:
Happy Thanksgiving x2 there Scott!

Thanks Bruce!

Enjoy the day and don't eat too much!

bpwilly said:
That just plain makes my back hurt looking at those piles.   Should have bought some stock in Tylenol!     Great looking pile of future winter warming firewood!

Have a great Holiday!

Thanks Bill!

I limit myself to 4-5.5 hours of working on the wood, usually after lunch it's a short run as I stiffen up some when I stop. The good thing is the next day I'm good to go again. I sharpened 3 chains to start the project, time to sharpen again ;)

I'm really hoping to finish before Monday

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

East Texas Heat said:
dont work too hard

I try not to ;)

Roguejim said:
Anything unusual for Thanksgiving dinner?

Happy Thanksgiving Jim!

LB and I stayed put this year and are having a traditional turkey supper with all the fixins. House smells wonderful!

JJJessee said:
Happy Thanksgiving, Scott!
Everything looks in good on the cover crop and the winter garden reaching around to meet the spring.
Here's to fantastic 2015 garden and the bounty she brings you and LB!

Thanks JJJ!

Devv said:
 I sure will!

Today's mailbox check has this:

1305.jpg

I took this outside to show off the brilliant colors of these two powders.

Sent by Paul G.

Thanks Paul!
Chilli is to be made soon!

Oh crap!!  I do believe I have some of PaulG's samples coming my way, too.

I got a couple of packets of Paul's powders yesterday too... since he dried his pods at low temps in his dehydrator, they smell like they kept more of their heat and flavor. I've got a feeling that they're both gonna be truly evil... :hell:"

Hope you had a great holiday Scott. We got about 8" of heavy, wet snow the day before, but we lucked out in that we didn't lose power like a lot of folks.

PaulG said:
My pleasure, Scott.  Hope you like' em!

Cover crop looks great.  Cool that you are still getting pods!

Thanks again Paul!

Still getting pods but just a few. The last cold front put the brakes on anything I couldn't bring inside.

Roguejim said:

Oh crap!!  I do believe I have some of PaulG's samples coming my way, too.

You'll be pleased!

stickman said:
I got a couple of packets of Paul's powders yesterday too... since he dried his pods at low temps in his dehydrator, they smell like they kept more of their heat and flavor. I've got a feeling that they're both gonna be truly evil... :hell:"

Hope you had a great holiday Scott. We got about 8" of heavy, wet snow the day before, but we lucked out in that we didn't lose power like a lot of folks.

Thanks Rick!

And glad your power stayed on ;)  I don't know what happened, but ours went out in the middle of the night for a few hours a few days ago. Lucky for us the power was back on when we woke. I've been tempted to buy a natural gas generator, but retirement and the associated saving I need to do is too close. Maybe in my next life ;)

Well I feel it's time to shut down the 2014 glog. It was a good year, but like last year some plants just never set pods. I see the growers up north always have a ton of pods on all of their plants; I guess the early onset of high 90's hurts production here. I'm going to hold off 2 weeks longer before planting this spring and see how that goes.

I still have some plants going but they're just hanging, no production. Any pods that have set are ripening at a tiny size.

I dug up the leaf-less plants in the last raised bed today and added 2 bags of store bought cow poo, along with a bag of potting soil. Strawberries go there next weekend ;)

I wanted to till in the rye today but got a surprise visit from my son and his family. He's has 4 kids, a lot braver than me!

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoyed the season!

Scott

Back