• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DF 2019 Glog

Started some seeds and will be expanding.

-Kung Pao
-Hot Portugal
-Red Habanero
-Pumpkin Habanero
-Paper Lantern Pepper
-7 Pot
-Bulgarian Carrot Pepper

gUiZhMc.jpg

JAbdTlJ.jpg

roHB0yg.jpg

I have a heater on the Porch and set so the night temps dont go below 10c, hope that is a deterant for bugs, no so in the Kitchen.
Put them outside, 5c, hope that makes a impact, gave a spray of saffers.

mU1Em87.jpg

eV0STLI.jpg

dragonsfire said:
I have a heater on the Porch and set so the night temps dont go below 10c, hope that is a deterant for bugs, no so in the Kitchen.
Put them outside, 5c, hope that makes a impact, gave a spray of saffers.
The last research I did on those damned aphids was the temps had to be between 20f - 29f to kill the bugs but -20f to -30f to make the eggs not viable to hatch.

My experience has been that bringing outdoor peppers inside under quality indoor lighting (lighting that increases heat above room temps) results in the worst infestations.  Merely room temperature, like in front of a south window, or, better yet, cooler conditions like the rocotos I move in and out of the garage during the winter have the least issues.  Aphids may be some tough bastards for surviving cold temps, as SB notes above, but the cooler temps have really seemed to either slow them down or stop them in my experience.

Then again, those aphid's seem a lot more resilient than my local ones.  Hopefully they equally hate the cold.

What happened to all the snow? Sept. 29 it looked
like a winter wonderland at your place!

Good luck getting those aphids to give up!

dragonsfire said:
Melted, the temps are wildly going up and down, -6c at night to 20c at times. Its all over the place.

Makes planning kinda tough.

Soldier on, brother!

Yup Thanks!

Some good news.
My porch peppers doing well and a bit of a surprise.
The two Red Habaneros I rescued seam to be different, one the traditional shape, the other scotch type, dont know what it is at the moment.
Kung Pao also doing well and ripening.

Looks like Bishops Crown but the tops are too rounded.

r4L3KB1.jpg

SjBii4g.jpg

Ofxdct6.jpg

UyvIjql.jpg

Is the whole plant producing the wannabe Bishop's Crowns,
or are there some here and there. The other pods I see in the
pics are spot on for Caribbean Red Habs I have grown. 
Maybe the one is a cross. If that phenobarbitals ( :rofl: you go, spellcheck!) 
pheno could be stabilized for the Habanero, that would be cool.

Well, a chinense x baccatum would be something, for sure!

Really curious about flavor/heat!

Can you just take them into the shower and turn them sorta sideways and spray them off with the shower head?  I've done that before and even just spraying those bastards off periodically will slow them down a bunch.

BTW - those clusters look great!   And is that an aphid tightrope walking a spider web I see at the upper middle of the pic?

Ive done that in the past years and is allot of work just to see them 5 days later populating them :(
I find temperature slows them down, so I put them outside when the temp is 5-10c.
lol, yup, wish the spiders liked Aphids.

CaneDog said:
And is that an aphid tightrope walking a spider web I see at the upper middle of the pic?
Dude, you have a great eye for detail!

dragonsfire said:
lol, yup, wish the spiders liked Aphids.
Yeah aphids are so disgusting :sick: ,
even the spiders don't like them!

Back