• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

DF 2019 Veg Glog

How is the taste on those bumble bee tomatoes DF? I grow an Isis Candy and the look is similiar. I like the full bodied flavour they get. However it takes until September for them to get that way in my garden.

Some Red Onions Harvested this Morning, Mushroom/Onion Soup :)

36r18bo.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Loving the Straw effect on making things grow much better.
Squash plant (don't recall what) is thick and healthy compared to the other ones that are barely hanging on.

Everything's looking great!  Looks like you're having a productive summer.

I am envious. You have a better camera DF. It is clearer and does light and dark better. I just wish I had early mornings to look for shots rather than the evening. 

Nice squash! Yeah that is a tough temp to deal with. We're supposed to hit 5 tonight followed by a couple days of 7s. The annuum peppers are resisting the cold. Everything else, not so much. They are yellowing. 

Some Tomato Harvest. Beefstake, Romas and a couple others still not ripening and are small. The Bumblebee ans Sunsugar the only ones ripening, couple red ones but they dropped off and not sweet.
Bumble bee have more body then the Sunsugar but both very tasty.

elXZruz.jpg

4murx8N.jpg

By body I'd assume you mean texture/crunch in the Pink Bumblebee? That's one of my least favorite traits about the bumblebee series when it comes to fresh eating, they are all tasty though. Looks like you had a few spilt even? Ive never seen that with those because of their thicker skin. Sunsugar/Sungold on the other hand.....

dragonsfire said:
Some Tomato Harvest. Beefstake, Romas and a couple others still not ripening and are small. The Bumblebee ans Sunsugar the only ones ripening, couple red ones but they dropped off and not sweet.
Bumble bee have more body then the Sunsugar but both very tasty.

elXZruz.jpg

4murx8N.jpg

That is rough. It is has been close a few times including tonight but so far we have not hit 0. Hope next week has better numbers. 

Back