• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Did I do this correctly?

Speaking from past experience, watch out for pests, keep a close eye on them and kill off any infestations when they begin, do not overwater the plants during this time, how are you running those lights? I'd suggest lowering the fixture a bit and perhaps making a reflective dome for the bulbs since a lot of the light is being wasted going up and to the sides :)

Bicycle808 said:

Is it really that cold already?  I figured I´d have close to another month of outdoor livin´ for my plants... I´m in NJ, zone7
watch your frost warnings
night temps are supposed to dip down into the low 40's for a couple days here then back up into mid 50's at night 
still getting 80's during the day here
I am in zone 4a and i am hoping for several more weeks before frost 

when it's just a couple cold nights you can get away with tucking them in at night with sheets, then uncovering them in the morning.
like this;
idejocj.jpg

This was beginning of October  zone 4a
the neighbors may look at you like you're   :crazy:
and your spouse might not be too happy with you  :lol:
but it works for when its only too cold at night.

:cheers:

Please send your weather this way ASAP!  I'm so sick of this heat it's amazing.  Humidity finally has started to drop but each day I spend outside in plus 110 degree heat makes me think about moving back to the snow.  

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
watch your frost warnings
night temps are supposed to dip down into the low 40's for a couple days here then back up into mid 50's at night 
still getting 80's during the day here
I am in zone 4a and i am hoping for several more weeks before frost 

when it's just a couple cold nights you can get away with tucking them in at night with sheets, then uncovering them in the morning.
like this;
idejocj.jpg

This was beginning of October  zone 4a
the neighbors may look at you like you're   :crazy:
and your spouse might not be too happy with you  :lol:
but it works for when its only too cold at night.

:cheers:
My neighbors definitely think i´m crazy already.  I haven´t even been here a yet, but all these chile peppers seem to creep them out.  Spouse is OK with anything that involves delicious foods, although she has asked that I balance out the hotter stuff with milder peppers next year....which is probably a good idea regardless.  She´ll be OK with the sheets. 

FWIW, I found this little thing on the interwebnets:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/freeze-frost-dates/index.php?q=08030&submit=Go

Back