Did I do this, REALLY?! Worst plant mom EVER!

TrentL said:
Well, at least your cats didn't pee in it and THEN kick it on to the floor out of spite.
That is tragic, TL. Naughty, partying kitties!  :party:  Were you able to replant?

Shorerider said:
My condolences for your loss. I lost one Butch T last grow, dropped a popped seed into some soil never to be found again. I can only imagine how you feel.

Let me know if there is anything you want from my list.

SR.
It's always a bummer to lose plants, isn't it?  Seems especially difficult to have actively killed them! Thank you so much for the condolences and the generous offer.  :)

Alynne said:
I'm sorry, feel your pain. At least, I'm guessing, you will never do it again.
Thanks, Alynne. I think it's safe to say that it won't happen again! Safeguards are in place with hazmat symbols on the vinegar, and it's been moved away from the plant care area. Hopefully it's enough to get my attention, at least. :D

ShortcutToHell said:
That is tragic, TL. Naughty, partying kitties!  :party:  Were you able to replant?

No, not enough time. They decimated my 2012 grow. 

I salvaged some but the pee.. man whatever is in cat pee is highly toxic to plants. The ones that got peed on, I took them out of the soil, rinsed the roots thoroughly, but they died. Many were broke, others were repotted and survived.

TrentL said:
No, not enough time. They decimated my 2012 grow. 

I salvaged some but the pee.. man whatever is in cat pee is highly toxic to plants. The ones that got peed on, I took them out of the soil, rinsed the roots thoroughly, but they died. Many were broke, others were repotted and survived.
Understand completely about the toxic quality of cat pee. Even the smell of it is nearly kills me!

Years ago I had a beautiful leather jacket. The first expensive thing I ever bought. Dated a guy with a female cat that didn't like me. She sprayed the jacket. Had it cleaned but evert time it got wet it reeked. It was stolen at a party a few weeks later. Have always hoped that some girl was on a first date and it rained...

Alynne said:
Years ago I had a beautiful leather jacket. The first expensive thing I ever bought. Dated a guy with a female cat that didn't like me. She sprayed the jacket. Had it cleaned but evert time it got wet it reeked. It was stolen at a party a few weeks later. Have always hoped that some girl was on a first date and it rained...
What a heartwarming thought. I love it!

Back