• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Difference Between an 80,000 schoville sauce and 90,000

The Iron Tongue said:
In terms of heat,

How much hotter will a 90,000 sauce be over 80,000?

Just trying to get an idea really.

Try not to fall into the trap of only trying sauces based on Scoville ratings. They are extremely subjective.

I totally agree with Creator! Scoville ratings are nice but have a tough time with products that rate close in Scoville ratings for example I tried some differnt extract type sauces that were supposed be 200,000 + scoville rating but find a product such as 2 hot rocoto sauce to be hotter. I think on how the heat is delivered is much more of a factor. The 2 hot rocoto is 99% pure rocoto pulp with no vinegar and gets me everytime with the back of the throat seize and it is 100 -120,000 scovilles where as the extract sauces were hot don't get me wrong they were hot just not the same affect as the rocoto sauce. Like we tell our customers "heat is relative"
What is hot to one is not hot to another.

Mick
Kato's

I agree with the Creator and Kato, but here is the reason it is subjective:

Scoville rating is a measure of concentration of capsicinoid molecules. The level your tounge detects depends on the chemical makeup of the rest of the sauce. Sauces with more sugars, fatty acids, fats, and fibrous material tend to temper the heat of the sauce. To use an example, if a hot sauce and a wing sauce (which tend to have more fat from butter/margarine) have the same Scoville rating, you would probably think the hot sauce was hotter.

imaguitargod said:
About 10,000 SHU's hotter.

:lol:

Lovin it ;)

Just trying to get a general idea really. I know there will be varying factors.

If all things were equal. Say the only difference is one has more chili in it then the other etc. Same ingredients otherwise etc etc...

Originally Posted by The Iron Tongue

about 1 extra trip to the bathroom ;)

I dont know ? how about you just buy both & figure it out.whats the worse could happen ? you think its to hot & you'll need to add less of it to your food. vs the milder one.

chilehunter said:
Originally Posted by The Iron Tongue

about 1 extra trip to the bathroom :onfire:

QUOTE]
:lol:

Well I was kinda imagining it being a bit like sound ratings. ie each level of decibel is twice as loud as the one before it.

No problems, just trying to learn is all.

:)

At that heat level it's just hot. Real damn hot. I don't think you will be able to tell the difference between the 10,000 shu increment.

chuk hell said:
At that heat level it's just hot. Real damn hot. I don't think you will be able to tell the difference between the 10,000 shu increment.

No probs, thanks for that.

Now on to my next question :onfire: Will start another thread :lol:

:lol: On occassion, my friends and I will dig out ALL our opened bottled and some of the exotic looking stuff our other friends have brought us in an attempt to kill us off. We use scoville ratings as a guide to work our way from lowest to highest. At highest levels we're using pure extracts from Defcon and Muso. I have vials of Zero, !m, 2M, 3M, 5M, 7M, and 15Million powder for when we're really into it. I dab or 2 on a finger for the brave, a toothpick for the saner among us.

We can tell differences, but 80K to 90K isn't enough to even blink over. 90K to 550K will get your attention. 550K to 1.5M will take away your breath.:hell: :onfire: :mouthonfire:

imaguitargod said:
About 10,000 SHU's hotter.

:mouthonfire:

:mouthonfire: the line of the year (so far)! :mouthonfire:

it's a good thing you went to school that day Mullet.

can you confirm that the chicks dig a dude who is good at math?

...many, many nerds now anxiously await your response...

chilliman64 said:
:mouthonfire: the line of the year (so far)! :mouthonfire:

it's a good thing you went to school that day Mullet.

can you confirm that the chicks dig a dude who is good at math?

...many, many nerds now anxiously await your response...
Yes, math nerds that are chicks dig guys that are good at math. Other than that...no...sadly...

imaguitargod said:
Yes, math nerds that are chicks dig guys that are good at math. Other than that...no...sadly...

I wondered why, when I was a single young buck, that as soon as I told chicks I was good at long division and loved playing chess that I got no action... even when I offered to show them my abacus... :mouthonfire:

Back