• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Different pod shapes at different times of the year

This is a phenomena I have just noticed with my White Bullet plant. I got an early batch of pods from this plant, all of which were about an inch or less in length, elongated, wrinkly, very light green when unripe and cream colored when ripe. Now that the weather has cleared here the plant is finally setting new pods, in an explosive manner I might add, and all the pods look completely different. These ones are shorter, more bulbous and tear-drop shaped, and are a slightly darker shade of green in their infancy.

Is this common among all species or is it just a chance occurrence based on environmental conditions? Why does this happen?

As my plants load up with a lot of pods, overall pod size decreases.

Those white habs are little tasty bites of fire. :)

Yes they are, quite possibly my favorite of what little I've gotten so far, though Naga Morich was awesome as well. I hope to get enough of them off this plant to make a straight hot sauce puree out of them.

i've noticed with the white bullets that they are one of the first to produce but also one of the first to peter out at the end of the season. the teardrop shape usually indicates the change in weather. they are an awsome strain! had 2 plants this year but i got to concerned with the superhots and ran out of space. that won't happen next year.

i get a lot of variation linked to where in the plant structure the pod appears. Lower minor shoots produce super small pods. Pods attached to the first strong V splits are pretty huge by comparison to others.
container size also makes a huge difference.

Back