• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dirt Cheap ProMix

Gotta say, the stuff doesn't expand as much as I'd hoped.  If fluffs a little, but I don't think the expansion is anywhere near 2x.

Lowes seems to be clearing it out completely.  As of last night, there were just a few lonely bags left at the end of the aisle.

I think they are switching from Lowes to Homedepot. Today I saw this for the first time at Homedepot.

20140601_170223_zpsjpircqgh.jpg

Geonerd said:
Gotta say, the stuff doesn't expand as much as I'd hoped.  If fluffs a little, but I don't think the expansion is anywhere near 2x.

Lowes seems to be clearing it out completely.  As of last night, there were just a few lonely bags left at the end of the aisle.
Have a peek at what is sitting right next to the Pro Mix. Its fairly new by Kellogg. Add 1/4 Perlite and you'll get plenty of fluff. Just recently discovered this. For 10 bucks on a 3 cu ft bag I'm saving more money than my own mix and it seems to be as good if not better.  

SL3 said:
Have a peek at what is sitting right next to the Pro Mix. Its fairly new by Kellogg. Add 1/4 Perlite and you'll get plenty of fluff. Just recently discovered this. For 10 bucks on a 3 cu ft bag I'm saving more money than my own mix and it seems to be as good if not better.  

Cool.  Thanks for the review.  I must admit I'm a little leery of Kellog's stuff, probably without any justification.  (There's a lot of chatter and FUD about their recycled 'organic waste' and whatnot... )

But... I went back the the Lowes today and scored two more torn bags at $7.49 each.  That just might (?) be enough for ALL THESE FREAKING PEPPER PLANTS that are growing like weeds around here.  Bought 6 more Wally Bags on the way home - which will barely accommodate the plants currently begging for more room.

The last few bags of HP have been banished to the end of the aisle and aren't moving.  Here's hoping more of them get torn up, or the store loses patience and moves them to the clearance bin.

Back