• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dirt to hydro tonight, process of root cleaning off?

So I have my DWC 5 gallon buckets ready, and I'm mixing up the nutrients tonight.

Currently I have these plants in miracle grow soil, so what is my best option?

Should I soak the root ball into some luke warm water and let the roots come clean.

Or should I take the hose on the mist setting and try to 100% mist off all the remaining dirt? no matter
the temperature of the cold hose water.

its funny my kitchen smelled like the local pool, the smell of chlorine was so strong after 4-5 hours of running airstones in the water.

I just did the exact same thing last weekend. The plant that I transplanted already had a pretty good root system on it so I just heald it in one hand and sprayed with the hose with the other until the soil was off of it. It kinda wilted for a bit and then it was great. :)

It's a petty easy process just make sure you get off as much as possible... I always waited until the soil was pretty dry to make it easier to just shake out most of the soil then dip the root system into a container of water and shake like crazy... Over to the running water to knock off the last bits of soil... Done!

-J

the plants are like 10+ inches tall, so I'm sure they have a decent root amount on them.

They have not been in there container to long maybe a month, since I potted them up, but are currently my largest plants to put into my buckets to try to produce something this season.

other then that I could put my cayenne pepper in there but I would rather have a bucket of sweet peppers, and a bucket of hot peppers.

Back