• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor DIY Grow Tent - not DIY anymore

NorwegianChili said:
Hm, stumbled over a offer from a dude in Norway. Bought 7 complete 20L buckets for hydroponic/DWC, complete with water level, netpot, airstone, pumps, lids, everything for 100 usd (which is cheap). So I guess I go DWC now

Very cool but a word of warning. Hydroponics can get addictive. 

hope so :D Now I got all i need, even clay stones so I guess the plants will go dwc this week after my new fan setup is complete. Post pictures. 17 flowers after 4 days in tent! I guess with chili as others, 24/ on the pumps

In my tent I run a 600 watt switchable light. I can tell you one thing for a fact with the hps bulb in the temps run about 10° hotter than the mh bulb. I run the hps because it has a stronger light output but peppers don't care as long as there is light. I run my light 15/9 with no problem. The temps run around 85° and the plants seem happy in there. I run a 200 cfm fan and my light is hooked to the fan to pull the hot air out. Without air cooling the light temps would be hard to control in the 4×4 tent. Yea with dwc run your air pump 24/7.

So what I need more is PH down/up, nuts I have, anything else?

Sure ikeepfish: 

Its with a piece to roll down in front with mylar/reflective. Just a shelf wrapped with tent fabric. 

9686796731_e37c847d68_b.jpg

excellent, Might be similar to what I end up building, probably going bigger though.  Apparently mylar emergency blankets are hard to find here...I looked around at several stores and couldn't find any, the folks at the dept. stores  looked at me like I had six heads...

I guess we just don't get cold enough winters here, not like you would in Norge.  The coldest it gets here is about 20ºF (-7ºC)...but we still might need one if you're in a car accident in snow or something, so I don't get it.

Did you just cut a tent for the material?

Bought the material in a cropshop. It was 2 dollar pr meter. So not that expensive. I split that shelf in two, go use of my 60cm T5´s again, hang them in there and now I have two boxes perfect for seedlings ;)

Fortunately, we happened to have an old stand-alone closet cover lying around that was missing some frame pieces.  I built one out of PVC and lined it with Mylar.  The little pockets on the sides come in handy for holding nutrient bottles and other tools.

My temps are staying between 73º-77º I should be able to fit five buckets in there but I think I may need another identical 4 bulb t5 assembly for that.  Mylar is disorienting to work with

1235931_422167224555920_267982057_n.jpg

1208780_422167327889243_939597081_n.jpg

942769_422048227901153_419599516_n.jpg

Jeff H said:

I really don't get this part. You recommend using HPS but MH is too expensive with too much heat??? You know they use the same ballast right? and run at the same wattage? and they are cheaper to purchase and more efficient than your T5 fluorescent bulbs so they are actually cheaper and cooler to run than comparable fluorescent lighting...

Here here! Good post

Back