• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

DIY tower garden

I love this thing. I want another one but i know it could probably be built yourself alot cheaper. My problem i suck at building anything. Has anyone built one simiar to the tower garden?

I had never seen one before I had to look it up...pretty cool but the price tag was pretty crazy. What are you growing out of it btw?

Do you happen to have an example of one you Like, 
so someone here might be able to come up with a simple design.

i took a quick look online and it looks fairly simple to build one 

Generowicz said:
Do you happen to have an example of one you Like, 
so someone here might be able to come up with a simple design.

i took a quick look online and it looks fairly simple to build one 
I really like the way the Tower Garden has worked for me. So a design that is similiar in how the Tower Garden works. Im talking specifically about Tower Garden by Juice Plus

Hey rlslmshdy,

thanks for providing the type of design you are looking for.
after doing some research online i came across the following picture which seems like an interesting concept
with a but of lateral thinking im sure this can be scale able. 

keep in mind this is not something i have designed but found online. 
i would say get a piece of PVC / ABS (wide diameter) Pipe in the desired Length,  and cut circulate holes in a slight angle place a smaller tube within that and place the basket / net in the small pipe
hopefully this gives you some better idea 
2hd19g4.jpg

I saw a web page/youtube how-to make this type of thing using 55 gallon or 30 gallon plastic drums. I thought I'd bookmarked the site but I can't find it right now. looked really easy to build.

Back