• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Do any of you have to deal with Oxalis every season?

Such a pain as it is in flower beds, the lawn and growing containers every year.

Attachments

• 20210224_172057.jpg
    20210224_172057.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 107
I've never had a problem with them outcompeting anything..  I always figured if I pull them, something else, less desirable, will probably take the spot. 
They may even be adding nitrogen to the soil, but don't quote me on that.

And they add a nice citrus zing as garnish on salads and other stuff.. We have that same one and the purple leaf variety. 
Mind you, I've never been one to worry about oxalic acid too much because I've been eating it in reasonable amounts most of my life. 

Yeah, that's not really a problem.  I'm actually jealous that you get that larger leaf variety.  There's a few that are even larger.  Great, great, groundcover.  And as CF stated, it really doesn't outcompete your main plants.
It might not be the advice that you wanted to hear, but if I had it like that, I'd find a way to make it work for me.  Otherwise, you'll just be frustrated.  Think of the positives:  It's almost always green, it tolerates all temperatures, and it's zero maintenance.
It's one of those problems that you can solve by doing absolutely nothing, other than changing your perspective. Problem/not a problem - you decide. ;)

solid7 said:
It's one of those problems that you can solve by doing absolutely nothing, other than changing your perspective. Problem/not a problem - you decide. ;)
That's deep, man.

Back