• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Do I Kill This?

Saw this on my red habanero plant and have no idea if it is a beneficial bug or not. Is it a friend or foe?

P8050034.jpg

I've heard earwigs can eat some of the baddies like aphids, but I've also heard they will eat anything so, I'd kill the sucker.

Also, how long did it take your Red Habs to sprout and what kind of conditions did you keep them in during the begging? I've had some in jiffy pellets for almost 2 weeks with no sign of life!

I think it was Jiffy Pellets, but I don't remember how long until they sprouted. It was at least a week, sorry.

Those damn bugs are so ugly and eery! but unless it eats leaves or peppers you should keep them alive! this year here there is a ton of them...
some enter my house... if i see one i squash it... (only if IN THE HOUSE) i wpuld let them alive... probably that they are there to eat other nasty things.... and stuff in decomposition or already dead... i have some bug eatng some leaves of my peer plant.. but they cant eat enough since my peppers have so much leaves... i leave nature on its own. but the daythey will eat more leaves??? (anyeay the season is already late here....) .. so if they damage my plant they will learn what is a bug spray is!

There are many varieties of earwigs, some don't usually eat plants, but others do. Either do some research on the specific ones in your area, or tell it "bye bye..."

Back