• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Do not know what these 2 peppers are! Let me know!

Ok when my plant were young they all fell and got mixed up!!! I need help to figure out what these 2 are!!? Please let me know!

IMAG0690.jpg

They can be any one of these let me know what you think?

DSCN2704.jpg

DSCN2706.jpg

Please Help!!

Yeah thanks a lot!!! :dance: I was feeling the same just wanted to know a round about which ones they were!! They had all fell :rolleyes: when they were seeds and seedlings so they all got mixed up, but I was really wondering about the other one!? Because does a trinidad scorpion grow the tail after or start out with it!? Well the 1st on I thought to be a Naga ended up being Kempsey Red ... they were facing upward instead of down! So now I know these ones have heat :hell: , and am just excited! But I appreciate y'alls help! :onfire:

Ok here is a update of pictures!! Come on someone I need pepper expert on this one, that has grown those varieties and knows those varieties by eye or just a suggestion... Because I was trying to breed these together with some of my other ones or wanna mix these with those!.. But have no clue what the out come will be!?

DSCN2792_zpscba04416.jpg

DSCN2789_zps59d8987f.jpg

DSCN2806_zpsb3a56948.jpg

DSCN2780_zps035a9e51.jpg

DSCN2847_zpse889cfb3.jpg

DSCN2819_zpsda1480ea.jpg

Thanks a lot that is what I thought at 1st also but every chocolate habanero I look at all look longer then these these are more roundish ! So I was leaning towards a mouruga red, yellow 7 pod or a scotch bonnet ? Would y'all believe it to be any of thoses ? Because once they show color yeah I will know what they are I just made a lot of crosses with them and don't want the labels to all be wrong or just have to go back and change them! Does anyone have like flower pictures that I can compare to or leaf pictures if you did I wouldn't mind sending some seed later to you if you were on the money with it !?? But only within the states ! Maybe outside too if no custom issues!? Then maybe we can work back and forth on a project!?' Of breeding !?

The more I look at it the more I thing we're guessing, without seeing them in person, the plant, the full leaves and pods makes it very hard to identify. Even though your nikon coolpix S8200 takes great shots, it's just hard to tell at this point.

Yeah it is all good ya'll we will just have to wait a lil bit longer!! Yeah i just like the whole guessing thing because I have been doing it since they dropped LoL... And it started a crazy when the flowers actually came i was trying to match them up t peppers on line and it was insane but like you said I have only guessed um right once i seen color!! But yeah all pod shapes are different so it is hard to tell I might have chocolate with just smaller rounder pods! But yeah i don't even think there is experts that can guess it but yeah I will try to get a good picture of the leaves and flowers tomorrow !! It is just that most the flowers fall or are pollinated so fast they never fully open to get a good picture lately!

One more question Everyone... I grow them in hydroponics but what do you think the best ph, and ppm for peppers are or just a good ratio or N-P-K ... I tested a bunch of different ratios but didn't keep up with the data! Because it was on my marker board but before I could tranfer it my LiL guy ended up drawing over it and just erasing most of it?

I start out tagging from the seedling, after seeing each variety develop over time when they reached 4 - 6 inches I could identify each plant by their leaves. When my tags needed replacement (broken, washed out, etc.), I opted out as I no longer needed them. While I’m growing 26 plants, I only have 6 varieties so its not that hard to learn the 6 :D

Yeah i did too but had a LiL situation when they were seedlings and still in seeds , where they all dropped :mouthonfire: and i had to clean them all up off the floor and thought they would all die but kept them in good condition and BAM!! Now they are finally producing! But how long do you think it will take :rofl: for them to start changing color y'all I am being ever so patient but it is killing me :hell: !? :dance:

Yeah i did too but had a LiL situation when they were seedlings and still in seeds , where they all dropped and i had to clean them all up off the floor and thought they would all die but kept them in good condition and BAM!!
While not optimal, it is fun to be surprised in the end and the guessing keeps you interest level high. I found a seed on the floor once and grew it out just to see what it was, man was the daily checking driving me nuts, lol.

Now they are finally producing!
and how, they look beautiful :)

But how long do you think it will take for them to start changing color y'all I am being ever so patient but it is killing me!?
I have on occasion picked a full size green pepper and let it sit on the kitchen counter to see how long it last, sometimes in a few days it changes color to orange, then red. Although I have had some last on the counter for weeks before changes, thus your guess is as good as ours ;)

Hey WalkGood I just really send your message and yeah I know you mean! About it driving you crazy yeah I have been waiting so patiently but am ready to just try it now!! But the whole thing is I am more of a breeder and don't know what I mixed none of them with and will have to grow them out and see the pepper to decide... Then the guessing begins again LoL ... That is why I really wanna know what these are so I can actually know or have a idea of what the crosses could be I will show y'all a couple charts I have!

Smokin" Hot -- thanks a lot I hot so that one is a good one and my guess is part of the naga family so would be a nice one!! Then my sister got a bunch if seeds for Christmas for me so then I can have some that are labeled again!!! But just wanted to say The Hot Pepper is a wonderful place! I was thinking about starting a topic on hydroponics and nutrient ratios and ph levels and deficiencies I think it would help a lot of people!

Also I will show some of the other shapes of the green pods on that same plant and the other round ones are starting to change color too they are just deeper in the canopy so it is hard to get a picture!

Back