Do not Touch

Okay here a before shot of some venison summer sausage that I put together for my brother in law. I used a kit from High Mountain. I did it once before and turned out pretty good so giving it another shot. I stayed with the season and cure packets except the last two sticks and I loaded the last two with japelenos just to give it a tinkle. The smoke you see is coming from the smoker not the grill, started off at about 195 and got it down to 175. Now I just keep an eye on it and roll the sticks every thirty minutes. Aftter its all done I will take a after shot to show and tell. So DO NOT TOUCH cause I havent smoked any finger food for along time LOL

okie joe said:
DO NOT TOUCH cause I havent smoked any finger food for along time LOL

what ya mean do not touch ?:confused:
all types of summer sausage is great on crackers w/cheese & hot sauce!
whats in the tin foil ?

The tin foil is left over sausage that I ran out of casing so I just wrapped it up and figured that would be the sampler (its got the japelenos in it). I meant no sampling till done lol I agree crackers and cheese a must have if I drank a good ICE COLD BEER too but I'm stuck with Ice tea

Okay heres the finished product mmmmmmmmmm They really turn out good except the next time I am going to put the extra spice from the flakes I made this year. The japalenos just didn't have the kick that I wanted. lol

The casing looks pretty heave duty, does the smoke get through it very well?

They do look quite tasty too.

patrick said:
The casing looks pretty heave duty, does the smoke get through it very well?

They do look quite tasty too.

Yea the casings are pretty rugged but the smoke seems to penetrate really well and plus when I was filling it you could see some of the moisture squirt out the casing.

Back