seeds Do you cull your stretched seedlings when growing indoor?

of the dozen or more I have going right now 2 or 3  got neglected for a short time and didn't recieve the amount of light they should have.  They're  a foot tall or just under and have a stretch to them.  I am debating on culling them and starting them over.  Would also give me a reason to try horticubes out. 

This is one of them that is stretched the worse.  Bulgarian Carrot
LeMuLqL.jpg

While my others look way better that are the same age.  Primo
ysyslNB.jpg

by the way they've only been under those particular lights for 2 days.  These were started under a T5 then moved to windowsills.  The carrot  was left away from the window for about a week while only getting minimal sunlight which caused the stretch it has

Cut them down to size would be my option. They will end up being bushier and smaller, but you wont lose them or the time it took to get them this far.

Gotrox said:
Cut them down to size would be my option. They will end up being bushier and smaller, but you wont lose them or the time it took to get them this far.
It's the lower half that bothers me.  Another option I thought of was repot and bury up as high as I can go

Most of my plants are sadly like this.. I keep having to trim them down because until my HPS arrives all I have to work with is very limited light coming from outside and my T8 fixtures. I have one Cayenne that has somehow bushed out fairly well (all things considered) and right now have just over 20 pods growing on it (it's first time), but even that one has pretty thin branches on it.

I've also re-potted and planted some of them a bit deeper as some people have suggested. :)

I would still make a houseplant out of it.
Less chance of rot, which *may* happen if you bury the trunk.

Either way is good, but to make it conform to your other plants, yup.
Bury it.

Whaaat? The way my jalapeño and hungarian black grow compared to my super hots is hugely different. All around the same age but my suprr hots are short and fat while my others are quite tall. Each variety grows different.

Back