• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Do you prefer your super hots over your others?

EDIT: I do give them the same treatment as the rest of my peppers, but I just like to ensure I have 1 or 2 good healthy super hots of each variety and a large quantity of the more useful New Mexico/Anaheim and jalapenos.

I like real flavorful peppers fresh, juicy, and crunchy, straight from my garden. Some of them are pretty hot, some not so nuclear. I really love the the Caribbean Red...It has plenty of heat and a wonderful flavor, and I can eat it straight out-of-hand without a trip to First Care. I can't believe the 1,000,000 SHU varieties would be very pleasant eaten that way...Maybe one day I'll grow one of them and see about it...

I don't have the superhots but have habanero/carribean red hot/fatalii and hot lemon and yes I am babying them. For years, the best I could get in the way of seeds was ceyanne, then one year I found a single package of habanero. This package, if it produced, produced very small pods, mainly because of my inexperience in growing this type of pepper and due to a very short growing season. Since, I have had success with habanero and other hot peppers and one day I will look for 7 pods and scorpians but just for the pleasure of saying... I grew them. I am hoping my fatalii produce so that I may taste the friut, as yet, the plant has no flowers.

I say, if it's your 1st try at the super-hots then have fun (or stress) with it for a year or two. It turned into more of a novelty to me, meaning I only use some for sauces and cooking. My friends won't take them because they're too hot. This year I opted for a bunch of sweeter varieties that I could stuff, grill/bake and feed to the family. But I still have all my Rocotos for stuffing also. I also have 8 Cherry Bomb plants that will all go towards pickling for Christmas presents!!!!! I'm frugal......

Back