• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

does anyone have pics of plants from seeds you got from me??

Joe,

I have a couple of pictures of Chocolate Hand Grenades that I grew this year.  I got the seeds through a seed train, but I think you are the creator of these.
9-22-14pick024_zps9c298d38.jpg

ChocHandGrenade_zps943559c4.jpg

Nice firm peppers!

I got late starts on all the seeds you sent me this spring. Growing the Aji limon, aji pineapple, wild brazil , orange wild brazil  my choc hand grenades didn't do well and didn't bother to bring in doors for winter.  Just pulled and tossed. Getting ready to start aji omni in a hydro set up along with a yellow butch T that i'm going to try and cross it with. 

a lil shock from transplant and bringing in. Already starting to  see improvements in leaf structure under the controlled conditions. Rabbits and bugs ravaged most my outdoor stock. 

Aji Limon out doors

the one's I brought in doors

ripe pod

Aji Pineapple (sorry about lighting) finally getting my first ripe pod off of it. 

Wild brazil and orange wild brazil. Dropping leaves like crazy form xplant shock. Also sent a pot to my old man of each and some aji limon. 

I'll have a much better selection planted next spring. 

bpwilly said:
Joe,

I have a couple of pictures of Chocolate Hand Grenades that I grew this year.  I got the seeds through a seed train, but I think you are the creator of these.
9-22-14pick024_zps9c298d38.jpg

ChocHandGrenade_zps943559c4.jpg

Nice firm peppers!
yup thats them and yes i am the creator
glad you like them

thanks your friend Joe
D3monic said:
I got late starts on all the seeds you sent me this spring. Growing the Aji limon, aji pineapple, wild brazil , orange wild brazil  my choc hand grenades didn't do well and didn't bother to bring in doors for winter.  Just pulled and tossed. Getting ready to start aji omni in a hydro set up along with a yellow butch T that i'm going to try and cross it with. 

a lil shock from transplant and bringing in. Already starting to  see improvements in leaf structure under the controlled conditions. Rabbits and bugs ravaged most my outdoor stock. 

Aji Limon out doors

the one's I brought in doors

ripe pod

Aji Pineapple (sorry about lighting) finally getting my first ripe pod off of it. 

Wild brazil and orange wild brazil. Dropping leaves like crazy form xplant shock. Also sent a pot to my old man of each and some aji limon. 

I'll have a much better selection planted next spring. 
looking good and the best of luck to you this season and let me know how you do

thanks your friend Joe

This was one of the most beautiful plants I grew this year with its incredible purple, white and green variegated leaves. The pods start off dark purple then start striping with orange green and red before turning completely red. I’m not much of a close up photographer so the photos do not do this plant justice at all.

I got the seeds from Aji Joe as Hot Ecuador, so I’m hoping he will shed some light on this. All of his seeds grew to what I thought was “normal” for Hot Ecuador except for this one plant. All these “normal” plants had green leaves and the pods went from green to brown then some orange to red (but no striping of pods like on the variegated plant), and the pods were twice as big then the pods on the variegated plant. But then I found this one really bad photo on the internet that had a Hot Ecuador plant that almost looked similar to my variegated plant. So are all my other plants the odd balls and the variegated plant is the one that grew true to form?

This plant does share a couple of the same characteristics as the other Hot Ecuador plants, such as the pods pulled freely from deep calyxes like Tabasco, and the peppers had the same thin skin and tomato like texture, and they even tasted similar (which is great by the way). Other than that this plant looked totally different. Have a look and see what you think. 

im thinking its a cross between HOT EQUIDOR and FISH they where kind close together if i remember correctly, i had a few of these in my garden this last season as well, it was a very beautiful plant,even gave one to the neighbor and his wife even loved it, he had it in a pot on his porch

hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe

Reactions: SL3
page4_zpsf42ef1f3.jpg

The upper right definitely suggests fish or fish cross. 

ak7cig.jpg

Believed to be fish x black Cuban

The below are from a bag marked "Jamaican Hot Chocolate", but there has been no browning of these pods.  My best guess is fatalii or fatalii cross. 

20sio34.jpg

Dimensions on that foreground chile are just over two inches long by just over one inch wide.  Pods are deeply fluted/scalloped and approaching knobby/bumpy.  Chinense essence is minimal, whereas heat feels pretty maximal with a long-lasting tongue sting.

For me, these have been a happy accident: a lot of fun to look at, play with, and attempt to eat.
___

I got the following seeds of yours sprouting for 2015 They only been poppin soil for a few days so nothing worth looking at yet. 

Bonda ma jacques
Aji Omni color
Aji Limon
Aji Pineapple
Fidalga Roxa
Inca berry

I may still pop some wild brazil haven't decided yet. 

Also got some Bulsa de dulce but got the seeds from a pod order from someone else 

Back