• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

does anyone know this pepper ?

these just podded up . yet another unknown pepper i have.
can someone name this pepper for me :)
wp000010s.jpg

i will try to get some clearer pictures by tomorrow. it has multiple pods per node.
i have not tasted it yet. waiting for it to turn ripe :)

these are clearer pictures as promised.

p1040457s.jpg

p1040456s.jpg

p1040458s.jpg

with this new pictures . i hope someone out there can identify the type of habanero these peppers are.

thanks in advance :)

Those are C. chinenses or a C. chinenses cross but they are not habaneros which have a distinct pod type/shape.
Who was your seed source?

Those are C. chinenses or a C. chinenses cross but they are not habaneros which have a distinct pod type/shape.
Who was your seed source?
Got these from a nursery, i asked them what seedlings are they selling( had two seedlings only,maybe it was not for sale.. but i wanted it after seeing the mother plant :) hehe) ? they don't know ,their workers from bangladesh had brought in the seeds for their own consumptions. i guess not a good seed source. after this plant only known seeds from known good sources.

They do look like some C. chinense variety but it is hard to tell without them being ripe. Just from the shape I would guess chocolate hab but that is just shooting from the hip. Let those little guys ripen up and repost some more pictures.

They do look like some C. chinense variety but it is hard to tell without them being ripe. Just from the shape I would guess chocolate hab but that is just shooting from the hip. Let those little guys ripen up and repost some more pictures.
i know its a C. chinense variety and where brought in by the bangladeshi workers - this is where naga morich comes from.

WElcome my friend:)

haha hmm i never thought of that!
but finally peppers do turn red right ??
Many of them do, but not all. The orange habanero, for example, never sees red... but many other chinense varieties that go from green to orange end up red...

Quite a few also go straight from green to red, green to brown, green to yellow, etc... not not always to red.

Many of them do, but not all. The orange habanero, for example, never sees red... but many other chinense varieties that go from green to orange end up red...

Quite a few also go straight from green to red, green to brown, green to yellow, etc... not not always to red.
you mean when its ripe its yellow or brown.. and this does not go red ?

i have see some that starts white > orange > red..

I had seeds last year labled as Chocolate Bhut that put out pods like those but they were orange when ripe.
Year before last my Long Chocolate Habs looked like that too.

Not Chocolate Bhut

PICT1785.jpg

IM004669.jpg

Long Chocolate Hab.

IM003911.jpg

IM003908.jpg

you mean when its ripe its yellow or brown.. and this does not go red ?

i have see some that starts white > orange > red..
Yes, some never turn red. Others do (often as their "final" color). There are many exceptions, though. Many ornamental peppers (mostly C. annuums) go through a whole rainbow assortment of colors before settling on their final ripe color, which may or may not be red.

Back