• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests does anyone knows what bug is this?

i got quite a few of these bugs on my pepper plant. i hope they are one of the beneficial bug.
can someone help identify this ?
p1040392s.jpg

thanks

Could be a young praying mantis. Maybe he's hunting the leafroller insect above him in the picture. See if you can get some good macro shots of the little guy.

Could be a young praying mantis. Maybe he's hunting the leafroller insect above him in the picture. See if you can get some good macro shots of the little guy.
hmm maybe but i have not seen them bigger.

Redtailforester may be right..does it look like this?
http://fertanish.blogspot.com/2007/07/baby-praying-mantis.html
thanks. i was just in that website.. but the colour is different. mine is green.
anyway i will try to take a better picture tomorrow..

need sleep.. now..

It's a Praying Mantis. They can change colors to blend with the surroundings.

Alan
hmm i got quite a few of them patrolling my pepper bush.. maybe thats why i don't see any aphids on the plant even though the plant beside it has full of aphids.!!

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=praying+mantis+eggs&cp=16&qe=cHJheWluZyBtYW50aXMgZQ&qesig=pYwWHl43LBCeyLPunKPOTA&pkc=AFgZ2tl44xGzp7LOyKCBops_CYaOThd5bODRLEjdXnkFzziyqZsFQP5uEBzqCS62WlNhn38xnd1IGM_VQUS-WqYZ_StYLvqKAw&bav=on.2,or.&wrapid=tljp1299474660799030&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7mh0TauwOonSrQfuxqTRCg&sqi=2&ved=0CFwQsAQ&biw=1003&bih=566

Giant link LOL

You don't see Mama because she died months ago.
Egg sacks come in a lot of shapes as does the Mantis.
I get them from a pinkish tan to brown and totally green.

Not too good at peppers yet but that is a mantid if I have ever seen one. Your country actually has an incredible diversity of them. I google'd for a bit but could not fins an id as far as genus. Though it looks very similar to the much smaller genus that mimics ants and other insects.

3402494239_c9b4e3b51d.jpg

Just going by leg placement and where you are there are not many other critters it could be, I third place the vote for a mantis. Contrary to belief they vary from sizes of ants (literally) to well over 6".

Not too good at peppers yet but that is a mantid if I have ever seen one. Your country actually has an incredible diversity of them. I google'd for a bit but could not fins an id as far as genus. Though it looks very similar to the much smaller genus that mimics ants and other insects.

3402494239_c9b4e3b51d.jpg

Just going by leg placement and where you are there are not many other critters it could be, I third place the vote for a mantis. Contrary to belief they vary from sizes of ants (literally) to well over 6".
OoNickoC!! i think you hit the jackpot!! that looks exactly like what i have. so its a smaller mantid genus that mimics ant?
BTW thats a very nice macro shot of the insect! :)

OoNickoC!! i think you hit the jackpot!! that looks exactly like what i have. so its a smaller mantid genus that mimics ant?
BTW thats a very nice macro shot of the insect! :)

Not my picture but rather one from google. It does appear very similar to the genus that mimics ants and other similar insects but looks to be larger. There are large ants in the mayalasian proper so it well could be a ssp or perhaps just a similar genus (there are many). I would let those ones be as mantids in the younger stages hatch in symphony, devastating most pests in the area and growing to combat lots of others even when mature.

Not my picture but rather one from google. It does appear very similar to the genus that mimics ants and other similar insects but looks to be larger. There are large ants in the mayalasian proper so it well could be a ssp or perhaps just a similar genus (there are many). I would let those ones be as mantids in the younger stages hatch in symphony, devastating most pests in the area and growing to combat lots of others even when mature.
i am happy that they made my pepper bush their home.

Nick can i have the link of the webpage you found that picture ?

Back