• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Does anyone still use Tabasco sauce?

I've always loved Tabasco, specifically the regular and habanero ones. The jalapeño one is good too, but a little mild. I'm surprised how many people don't like it here!

I don't like tabasco sauce at all.  If its the only thing available I just don't use anything.  I think every sauce has a place to be used.  If im using  a Tabasco type sauce. I prefer Texas Pete. Ive just never liked the flavor of Tabasco.

Never liked the original Tabasco. Never used the gateway, I got straight onto the hard stuff. :D

Gotta agree with the chipotle one being MUCH better though. I love the stuff! Just a shame that it's so expensive here ($15 AUD a pop I think the last I paid for a bottle a year or two ago).

When I feel like a vinegary sauce, I reach for Cholula. Me and Cholula have a thang going on. It was love at first taste.

I like the chipotle better than the original.  I like Frank's Red Hot better for flavor.  If nothing else is there, I will use original.  I usually have something else on my person that I can use, though.

Yes indeed !

Well, the green, chipotle and garlic type anyway (the latter being my favourite source, just a notch above Green Ghost).

Swing a miss on the original and habanero types though.

Do they sell litre bottles ;)

I still use tobasco, have some in the fridge. Also, depending on where you get you eggs for breakfest or you Bloody Marys...Tabasco may be the only hot sauce available.

Love the Chipotle Tabasco, for sure. I am partial to pretty much any chipotle sauces, just love smoky flavors! Tabasco Jalapeno wasn't bad, either. My main thing with regular Tabasco sauce is that it's too runny. I really dig the aged fermented tang of the flavor profile, though it is very average at this point, as there are so many aged pepper sauces. While most are made with Cayenne peppers instead of Tabasco peppers, the aged flavor is still remarkably similar across the board for those types of sauces, unless you experiment with C.Chinense or C.Baccatums, which have a far different flavor than the C.Frutescens or C.Annuums.

Back