• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

nutrients does anyone use hydro nutrients in soil?

*whoop*whoop*whoop*
*n00b alert*
*beware - dumb questions ahead*

I've seen a few hydro nutrients on the net with names like Megabud or Bud Storm (etc) with P + K (from NPK) with levels like 22% and 29%. can these be used in regular soil as a foliar feed or as part of a regular watering/feeding regime?

what about the other multitude of hydro ferts and nutrients, are they suitable for soil container growing or won't they realise the same results?

Mick uses Canna, its a hydro deal i think. I am getting some myself.
I cant see any reason why it wont work as long as you don't over dose them.

Page four of the Aussie pod growers group Mick mentions Canna products, that may be what you were thinking about. I cant remember there being a proper thread.

I use Botanicare

You can spend a fortune on hydro nutrients and supplements and most of these, especially the super bud formulas, just aren't necessary for peppers and most aren't organic

My cloner came with some nuits that I guess are suppose to help promote root growth. I mix up a half-quart at a time and add part of it to the water I use when I first transplant a seedling. So far, it must be working or at least not hurting anything. Haven't had a transplant die yet and some of them had next to no root. Been using the same solution when watering them.

Mike

I use Chilli Focus, not sure if you'd classify it as Hydro nutes at all.

Growth Technology in W.A. actually make it, and all my plants seem to be doing real well on it.

Canna are the best in my opinion. expensive but great results.

canna ryzotonic ,canazym, boost.
are products I use on soil. but sparingly.
I mainly have tjhat stuff for my cocco set ups.

MiLK_MaN said:
I use Chilli Focus, not sure if you'd classify it as Hydro nutes at all.

Growth Technology in W.A. actually make it, and all my plants seem to be doing real well on it.

I think Im going to try that when my current supply of tomato food runs out. Prices seem reasonable compared to what else is out there, plus they are only 15 mins from my house!

Its not on their website it seems, www.growthtechnology.com.au

What happened was, I bought a small 500ml bottle from the U.K. with an order of Choc. Bhut Jolokia seeds, and thought it was decent. Then I found that there was a Growth Technology in Aus, and rang them up. They indicated they could make some up for me, but didnt have a fandangle label to pop on it, which I couldnt give two hoots about.

You are able to call them up and order it, they take credit card. Getting it delivered from west australia to the east is expensive, but going through my credit card statements, $106.40 for 20L delivered to Melbourne was alright I thought, specially since they've formulated it completely for chillies.

From what I understand, the whole Focus product range is going to be released to Bunnings soon, but only in 1L quantities.

that's great info mate, thanks. I did check out their site and sent them an email asking about Chilli Focus. how long does 20L last?

I got the 20L drum in early Nov, I dont think I'm 1/3 of the way through it I think.

I water with nutrients once a week only, use an EC of 1.9 which equates to about 11ml per litre of water, and use about 2L - 3L of water per pot. I have about 60 odd plants at the moment, so you could say it should last me at least 3 months or so.

:)i use the GH 3 part plus all the supplements here is a pic...
004-3.jpg
it says right on the feed chart how much for soil... i have been using this brand for like 5years now ..

Back