• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Douglah Gin & Tonic

So I sliced up some douglahs to dry out on the window sill and then later on this evening cut up a lime to put into my Sunday gin & tonic(s)...lo and behold, my drinks are spicy. Like noticeably spicy. If that's not proof of how hot douglahs are, I don't know what is. Trace capsaicin oil on the knife blade is funny, although when I cut them open, i noticed in all of the peppers very distinct globs of capsaicin goo. Potent shit.

No pic's?

It never happened...

Gin & Tonic season is over for us, that's a summer thing. Now we're on to Whiskey, wine, and hot drinks!
Good with heat tho, yes?

Gin and tonic season is any month that I like to drink the best drink ever created...which is always. I would upload pics, but I'm on number 3 and alcohol makes me lazy. Maybe tomorrow I'll upload a pic of one of the best douglah specimens. Seriously though, I cut them up, and when I got back to my apartment, I opened the door and was greeted with the smell of nasty hot peppers. Again, potent shit. All I did was cut them in half!

I occasionally make a gin gimlet with just the smallest splash of tonic water. Typically it's 3oz of good gin (Beefeater these days...t's a solid brand that doesn't cost a fortune), juice from 1/4 lime, and then the splash of tonic. Nice to sip on. Gotta love that Juniper twang!

Back