• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DP and RK's first season glog / WELCOME HOME MGOLD86!!! Biggest update yet. Almost 100 pics :)

I've been kicking around doing a glog for about 2 months. There's so many great growers on here, that I don't have much to add. Trust me, no one will learn anything from me. I've been taking some pics for myself, and I've decided in the interest of my own education and learning for the future, it's best to start one. So... Here it is

2/17/13
null_zpsa94c67ed.jpg

null_zps8de898c6.jpg

Hot lemon
Aji lemon drop
Yellow fatalii
Chocolate fatalii
Sweet heat
Chocolate bhut
Yellow bhut
Red bhut
Big bad bhut
Peach bhut
Caramel bhut
Chocolate scotch bonnet
Red scotch bonnet foodarama
Peach scorpion (ajijoe)
Hot cherry
Rusty madballz
Chocolate bhut X yellow 7 f5 choc variant
Chocolate morouga cross
Jay's ghost scorpion
Nebru
Primo
Yellow 7
Jamaican mushroom
Antilles fire
Yellow TS cardi
Red TS
Chocolate TS
Cappuccino habs
Red savina habs
Ivory cluster habs
Douglah billy boy
Douglah yellow billy boy
Douglah red billy boy
Morouga

Just a few days later. Here's an aji lemon drop.

null_zps6e590965.jpg

null_zpsa57cccaf.jpg

Oh now we're lookin good

null_zps3ce0fcce.jpg

I can't even tell you how excited I was at this point

null_zpsff6bbffa.jpg

Here's those lemon drops getting tall

null_zps15262e0f.jpg

It's pretty darn windy right now. I should probably leave them inside. If I'm gonna get them in the ground anytime soon, they need to be outside today. I wonder if I'll lose any? Time will tell.

Oh, and if you didn't already, don't forget to say,

WELCOME HOME MGOLD86! Thank you for your service.

Well I had 2 that I needed to play around with from the wind while they were out yesterday. All in all they all did pretty well. I'll get some pics up later.

Thanks sicman. I would never describe myself as having a green thumb. I think I've gotten pretty lucky, this being our first year from seeds. I owe it all to everything I've learned here. :party:

Temps should be in the mid 50s, no rain or high winds in the forecast, but I'm nervous about leaving my plants outside overnight for the first time.

Looking great man! You really know how to draw a guy in :)

I planted out in questionable weather last season and it ended up holding things up a bit. I would say that if you are not putting them in the ground, an overnight with a little lower temp for a day or two ain't that bad. But I would err on the side of caution before doing anything permanent. This year has had some really crazy weather for us all, and it isn't just the US. I stopped in Germany for a day or so on the way back to the states and it was in the low 40s. Blew my mind.

Anyways, everything is looking pretty damn healthy and ready for the big show. Great choice on starting a GLog!

grantmichaels said:
Nice looking plants guys!
I assume you mean guys as in a group of people, and not more than one man. Since RK is my wife. I'm not in to the whole bromance thing :) Matt, so happy you are stateside and safe. Plants are still in their cups. Hopefully next weekend. Thanks for stopping by, guys. Now on to the fun.
null_zps071c1c2f.jpg

Eww.

null_zpsa7cb72fc.jpg

Both of these previous pics happened the first day I left them in the sun longer than I had been. I promptly removed the brown one.

null_zpsaaf7a3c4.jpg

As I said, they are not in the ground yet. SOON! Hopefully. I can't believe how much they've shot up since they've been outside full time. I also can't believe how horribly off center this pic is. :)

null_zps93dce29b.jpg

null_zpsb005069e.jpg

I'm not sure why but I thought I'd throw these rose pics in for fun.

null_zps20be733d.jpg

And to finish. My first pepper actually starting to look like a little pepper.

null_zpseb91c17d.jpg

Thanks for dropping by!

I've been super slacking on any quality updates. If all goes well we will have plants in the ground this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Hang in there!

Back