• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Dried pepper flakes

HotPeppas

Banned
How do yall use them? Anyone incorporate them into a recipe. Making a big batch as we speak and was wanting to get some ideas in the ol noggin

I use them in recipes and after meals are prepared. You can always check out the cooking section on my site for some ideas. I'll be adding a lot more recipes this year as I add new powders.

add to ground meats for burgers/meatloaf/meatballs
add to all kinds of spaghetti and pizza sauces
soup, chili, top ramen
brownies or chocolate cake (YUM!)

pretty much everything, once you get used to having it around and available to use-

Sprinkle them on the outside of some salmon, then cover the salmon in honey or agave nectar... Then cook the fish, and serve over rice with soy sauce. It is the perfect trifecta of heat, sweet, and salty. I love it. :)

So do you guys make indivdual batches for different peppers. Or do you take all dried varietys and mix em together in 1 container? I like to mix em all up. Nice heat!

add to ground meats for burgers/meatloaf/meatballs
add to all kinds of spaghetti and pizza sauces
soup, chili, top ramen
brownies or chocolate cake (YUM!)

pretty much everything, once you get used to having it around and available to use-

Very good idea on the meatballs and hamburgers!

Just did my first batch last weekend. Didn't have enough of each type to make it's own powder, so I mixed them. Still turned out great. My Wife made chili dogs with homemade chili last night. About 1/4 tsp sprinkled on top of 3 dogs was plenty of heat. I'll never go back to store bought powder again.

Nothing bettet than smelling homemade fresh flakes! Glad to hear you enjoyed them. I myself put them on hotdogs yesterday with some spicy mustard to compliment it

Pepperoni Philly steak and fatalii pizza!!
40D4C733-4875-4EC1-8C6E-5EBCDFB39820-3276-00000142B89320FA.jpg

Habanero flakes on pizza are good. Habanero flakes in olive oil prior to cooking with said olive oil is better. Habanero flakes and dried dill mixed into a gourmet-style mayonaise is best. Put that hab/dill mayo on a cheesesteak and you will never have a cheesesteak again without it.

...I also like to make flakes that are a mix of hab/thai/jalapeno/serranno/cherry/italian long hot. Flavor and heat is better than just heat anyday. By mixing in some of the milds, I can use it to cook with, without the kids complaining about the heat. I get more compliments on the mixed powder than my hot powders.

Back