• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Drip Irrigation?!?!

alkhall said:
Might as well add my 2₵. Different from the others, my experience has been best with micro sprinklers on riser stakes. Covers the whole raised bed. Never had any issues with fungus or mildew or that sort of thing. In my mind, it is the closest thing to a gentle natural rainfall. 1/2" trunk line, 1/4" emitter lines. Sediment(to prevent clogging of the emitters)and chloromine filters at faucet, 5/8" garden hose feeding pressure regulator on trunk line. Digital timer for 1/2 hour a day, before sunrise.
I have thought about trying that, myself.

I worry about our general humidity issues
here in PNW, but it might be okay in the
heat of summer. Spring and Fall IDK.

I use drip tape. Last year I ran just under 2000ft per plot and watered one plot at a time. I have a 6 GPH well and while it wasn't perfect it definitely did the trick. The main problem I ran into was that since my plots are on a hill the bottom beds always got way more water than the tops, and that's after pumping the water to the top and running my mainline back down and attaching drip tape. This year I plan on breaking the systems in two. One for the top half and one for the bottom half of each plot and I have a feeling that will provide more consistent results. If it wasn't for the hill, though, I would have no problem watering one of my 1/10acre plots at once.

Back