• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Droopy Indoor Heirloom Tomato Plants...Pantano Romanesco

Plants are in Happy Frog potting soil.  No fert.  Not dehydrated.  400-watt HPS lighting...15/9.  Any guesses?

With flash ON.

are you running 100% perlite? thats ballsy without automation... how often are you watering?

do the plants actually FEEL limp? its hard to explain, but do they feel soft and shitty? id look at your roots. they are probably failing in some way.

A thin layer of perlite.  Did you read my first post? :rolleyes:

I water when the pot feels light.  I'm wondering if the light might be too close.  I've moved them a little further to the perimeter.  I haven't felt them. 

yea i did lol derp. the 1000 words are greater than your post.

its probably the light yea. im guessing the plants new to this light?

the plant should bounce back in hours if removed from the light.

fwiw. i always move plants to new lights making sure the new light source is not more than 3x the previous.

i go from t8 to a PLL fixture then to outdoors. in all cases, i use this shitty little meter to make sure im not going to shock them hard when moving them.

the t8 is only like 90k lux max. then the PLL at like 5 inches is like 300k lux.  then the noonday sun is like 600k lux or something like that. its not accurate at all, but consistant enough to make these judgments.

Plants have been under these lights since germinating.  Just recently potted up to #1 pots.  I'm going to say they're too close, for now.

Back