• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dshlogg's Plants, Peppers, and Flowers

Well I finally got around to uploading some pics of my garden and decided to share.

You will have to bear with me because I only used a cell phone to take pics for the first half of the season. The pics are definitely not top quality but I have some better ones that I'll share later.

Here is my first modest grow box. Its just a 24" florescent fixture with a kitchen and bath tube. In the back are two 100 watt cfls. I have an egg carton with around 15 seedlings from a mixed packet of Anaheim, Jalapeno, Long Slim Cayenne, and Hungarian Wax. In the back there are 4oz solo cups with Thai Dragon, Orange Hab, and Santa Fe Grande.
927.jpg

Fast forward two months and I have 12 plants in the ground.

I improved my grow box significantly by replacing the old bulbs with two 200 watt full spectrum CFLs.

I started germinating on a mat set to 85 degrees in solo cups and acquired a lot more varieties.

Starting from the top left to right are:
Cajamarca, Hungarian Wax, Jalapeno
Bhut Jolokia, Jalapeno, Jalapeno,
Caribbean Red Habanero, Jalapeno, Hungarian Wax
Orange Habanero, Jalapeno, Jalapeno

944.jpg

I added two more rows of plants.

The first column on the left is from top to bottom:

Thai Hot Ornamental, Thai Dragon, Santa Fe Grande and Red Caribbean Habanero
The second column is all Bhut Jolokia

970.jpg

Added another row.:dance:

In the front from left to right are:
Hanoi Red, Peru Purple, Condor's Beak, Peru 238051

995.jpg

I love how this little Thai Hot Ornamental is bushing out
999.jpg

Somewhat blurry Peru Purple flower
1001.jpg

This Carribean Red Hab is really spreading out
1004.jpg

Side view
1005.jpg

Not sure what is going on with this Orange Hab. I gave him Cal-Mag, foliar fed him epsom salt and fish emulsion, and checked him for pests, but his leaves continue to curl. I think maybe its a disease but I can't bring myself to kill him.
1007.jpg

Very Leafy Bhut
1009.jpg

This Jalapeno is reaching for the sky
1012.jpg

My Hungarian Wax is flowering like crazy
1013.jpg

Jalapenos and Hungarian Waxes
1016.jpg

Here are my SIPs
From left to right are:
Jamaican Hot Chocolate, Naga Morich, Red Savina, Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Bhut jolokia
1017.jpg

One week later
1019.jpg

awesome looking plants.

I think the hab plant is showing signs of being overwatered, could try not watering it for a while? Just an opinion.

oh, and cool dog. Husky?

edit: i said hab tree not plant. crazy morning.

awesome looking plants.

I think the hab plant is showing signs of being overwatered, could try not watering it for a while? Just an opinion.

oh, and cool dog. Husky?

edit: i said hab tree not plant. crazy morning.

Thanks Man!

Overwatering Hmmm,,, I rarely water them but its a possibility from rain.

Yeah he's a husky. He's my moms dog. I think he's around 14.

I wish it was a tree hab.:eek:

Thanks Man!

Overwatering Hmmm,,, I rarely water them but its a possibility from rain.

Yeah he's a husky. He's my moms dog. I think he's around 14.

I wish it was a tree hab.:eek:

Over watering would cause yellowing lower leaves, looks like chemical burn, try aerating the soil around the plant and flush the plant a few times with water. might take a couple of days to see new growth, I'll bet it will be fine keep us posted....

Over watering would cause yellowing lower leaves, looks like chemical burn, try aerating the soil around the plant and flush the plant a few times with water. might take a couple of days to see new growth, I'll bet it will be fine keep us posted....
Doesn't chemical burn cause browning on the leaf tips?

Not sure what is going on with this Orange Hab. I gave him Cal-Mag, foliar fed him epsom salt and fish emulsion, and checked him for pests, but his leaves continue to curl. I think maybe its a disease but I can't bring myself to kill him.
1007.jpg

That's from heavy nutrient application...Some plants seem to be more sensitive to it than others, even within the same batch of seeds. Just keep watering it as you normally would, don't add any more nutrients, and it will eventually grow out of it.

That's from heavy nutrient application...Some plants seem to be more sensitive to it than others, even within the same batch of seeds. Just keep watering it as you normally would, don't add any more nutrients, and it will eventually grow out of it.
Thanks! Will do. It has actually been a couple weeks since I took that pic. It does seem to be doing much better now. I have a Congo Black with the same issue. I guess I added too much espoma plant tone for those particular plants when mixing my soil.

Back