Dutch Oven

I got a cast iron dutch oven for Christmas and was wondering what to make in it? What do you guys like to use it for? Roasts, soup, chili, etc, etc?

What is your favorite dish to make in your dutch oven?

peter pepper said:
I got a cast iron dutch oven for Christmas and was wondering what to make in it? What do you guys like to use it for? Roasts, soup, chili, etc, etc?

What is your favorite dish to make in your dutch oven?

Anything and everything, but mine is mostly used as a deep fryer. Almost all my cooking is done in cast iron.

Is it seasoned?

I use mine a lot when camping....it's WAY too big for the stovetop. I usually make stews and pot roasts in mine.....but I've been known to bake in it as well.;)

Is it black cast iron or enameled?

Like others have said you can cook most anything in them. Stove top or in the oven. I use my enameled job a lot.
You can brown your meat in it then sauté your onions and stuff and shove it in the oven for a roast or add liquid
and make a stew on the stove top.

You were given a great , must have tool for the kitchen. Be sure to thank them ......

Peace,
P. Dreadie

thanks for the idea guys.

P. Dreadie - i know this is a great must have for the kitchen. I did thank them. Heck it'll probably out last me - i'll be dead and it will be still good to use.

Back