• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic DWC or Wilma

Hi all,

As my greeting stated, I’m going to get a hydro (insert type of system here) for Christmas.
Just wondering if anyone has experience with DWC or Wilma systems?
I read somewhere that Wilma was the best for peppers, then later, DWC was 😂

I’m obviously in two (🙄) minds now, or are there any other types more suitable for superhots?

I’m pretty set on a 1-1.5m2 tent/room that’s going in our spare bedroom.

Really appreciate any thoughts, advice or recommendations

Cheers

Kev

I do DWC with rockwool. Hydroton is a mess. The Wilma rig looks like a lot of tubes and pumps and such to clean and maintain.

Little tip for DWC - keep an empty bucket or two on hand to use as "plant stands" while you mess with working reservoirs. Makes nute changes a lot easier.

I been researching and have decided on building a RDWC system but that may not be the best option for you indoors. I think I would set up a system like this if I was growing inside. https://www.vevor.com/dwc-hydroponi...xNDsZ-pWkpKqbqhLAYe-Q1GadNI_45bcaAs1PEALw_wcB

Description says "Recirculating Deep Water Culture system" but not sure how it's considered that without it pumping back to the reservoir.

us_SSSPXTYX5110VUJGVV1_goods_img-v3_dwc-hydroponic-system-m100-1.2.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn’t the larger diameter hose at the bottom be the suction line, Leaving the smaller diameter hoses at the top being delivery lines?

Wouldn’t the larger diameter hose at the bottom be the suction line, Leaving the smaller diameter hoses at the top being delivery lines?
The tubing on the top is for the airlines. The ones on the bottom connects all the buckets together with the reservoir. The buckets will always be at the same level and allows you to replenish or adjust nutes from one bucket (The reservoir).

Last edited:
Back