• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Early Hab: pick or not?

I have one store bought Hab. Im curious if I should pick this first pod. The plant isnt growing laterally or horizontally and im afrad this pod may be the culprit. I have three months of grow time hopefully. Should I pick this lonely pepper or should i let it ripen on the vine?
http://imgur.com/E363Am9

I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like a hab. looks much hotter. What are you using for nutrients? 

BigB said:
I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like a hab. looks much hotter. What are you using for nutrients? 

This one is currently potted in Miracle Grow and yes I now know the error of my ways.  :P This one hasn't had anything else added. 
As for my other peppers I'm using Promix with some added Perlite, Jobe's All Purpose, and a little worm casing. 

I have a lot growing right now so it's possible that it was crossed with something too. It may have crossed with a Shishito but I also have a reaper, devil's tongue, butch T, and a few others. 

Maybe try using some 13-13-13. I was growing organically in what i thought to be fairly good soil, but growth was slow. I got tired of waiting and added some 13-13-13 and everything has grown much bigger and faster. As for the type of pepper, if it's seeds from a hab you picked then yea it's a cross for sure. I wouldn't say reaper but maybe butch t or some moruga. Like I said, i'm no expert nor do i grow many / any super hots

BigB said:
Maybe try using some 13-13-13. I was growing organically in what i thought to be fairly good soil, but growth was slow. I got tired of waiting and added some 13-13-13 and everything has grown much bigger and faster. As for the type of pepper, if it's seeds from a hab you picked then yea it's a cross for sure. I wouldn't say reaper but maybe butch t or some moruga. Like I said, i'm no expert nor do i grow many / any super hots
I'll be sure to try some BigB, thanks for the tip. I actually purchased this pepper as a start from somewhere. I can't remember where I got it but I've still got the label that was placed in the pot with it. I can't wait to see what it looks like ripe. 

Back