• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Eating Green Peppers (Unripe)

I Was eating and noticed I had a Green Habanero Hot Sauce and Thought if it was made with Unripe Peppers, Then The Taste was Way Different Probably better Than an Orange Hab. Do Any of You Eat Peppers Before they Rippen, I mean Dont You Lose the Heat? and Some Taste but Do Some Other peppers Taste Better Unripe

if i think the sauce your talkin about then that stuff is my favorite of all time... El yucateco right? But i prefer the green hot sauce over the red any day... The green just has more flavor to me...

Yea It is, Its My First Time Trying it and Noticed its Way Better but Less heat, but are there any other peppers that would taste better Green other than serranos and Jalaps.

What peppers have you tried? Piquin and tepins on the other hand i like em when they are in the red stage... Jalapenos and serranos are best when they are young and green...

Well Green Just Jalap. and Serranos Like I Had said Im New to peppers this is My First Year in Pepper Experience Ive Had some Small pepprs from my Neighbor they are so small about a bean but Hot as a Hab.besides that all the other peppers just Ripe

I like to try everything I grow in it's unripe stage. Sometimes you get a nice surprise... other times you wish you hadn't. Plenty of uses for certain unripe chillies too.

In India they apparently use nagas/bhuts mostly in the unripe/green stage. I personally rarely use C. chinense pods unripe, but I do with many C. annuums like jalapenos, and Numex/Anaheims although ripe and red is usually my preference. Try a salsa verde or a chile verde, they have a very good but different taste

Back