• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Ebay Ad - Bhut Jolokia

I sent an email to this guy and asked him not to do this. Told him to come here if he wanted to see what a real Bhut Jolokia looks like. Yeah, I'm that freaking naive.

Don't know how the rest of you folks feel but when I find things like this I feel compelled to try and straighten things out. Anybody else feel that way?

Not on my soapbox, just conveying my thoughts.
I feel the same way, shot off a e-mail to ebay

I dont know if I should be MAD at the guy, or what. I mean, he's obviously an IDIOT. So I would feel bad if I was a TOTAL a'hole to him. Kinda like yelling at a kid, ya know? They dont know any better. The only thing he has over kids is ignorance.

I dont know if I should be MAD at the guy, or what. I mean, he's obviously an IDIOT. So I would feel bad if I was a TOTAL a'hole to him. Kinda like yelling at a kid, ya know? They dont know any better. The only thing he has over kids is ignorance.

Hot Pooper, I fully agree.

Children are innocent, generally adults are ignorant.

innocence = don't understand they should know better,
ignorance = too stupid or lazy to try and understand.

This jerk obviously has a computer. An easy check and he would understand he has been growing non-bhuts. Off with his head!

How about letting the winner of the auction know they have non-true Bhut Jolokia seeds coming? They would be able to cause the seller more issues than we could...........

Geez, there are some clueless sellers on Ebay at times. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/33-bhut-jolokia-seeds-/270633601586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f03050a32

Chris
Sad part is... even some that DO KNOW what a bhut is still use photos of the wrong chile. Hirts Gardens have a red Habanero photo for many of their Bhut ads. Sadly I have purchased seed from them in years past and have had nothing but crap. Seven pot seeds produced Bishops Crown chiles. Chocolate Bhut seeds produces brown Habaneros. I called to get some kind of answers and a guy named Al Hirt gave me more song, dance and bull than you'd get at a county fair. They are idiots.

I am having a ball with this guy. We've started a conversation via ebay email. He still refuses to admit his plants aren't Bhuts and will probably rip a few buyers off but I'm fairly certain it isn't intentional. Pretty sure he believes his plants are the real deal.

Last reply I got from him he told me to address him as "Master Otay ho pe china entaro". Yep he did. Plus something about rewarding those who have hurt him with his glittery "soward". Oh and he loves me. Cool.

I like this guy.

Sheesh, when I saw the videos I actually commented and told him that I'd send him some real seeds, but the more I've looked at these posts and his ebay auction I wouldn't want to support a thief in any regards so I've withdrawn my offer. Anyone who can make videos and create auctions can find out what a pepper is, his bullshit, excuses, and comments are just plain idiotic and he deserves to be repeatedly punched in the face.

Back