vendor Ebay seller brutus611 / PepperPound.com

Figured I'd start a thread for this guy anticipating his business growing (maybe someone lurking around here?). I know the track record of ebay sellers is terrible, but I had a good experience last year and it seems he's starting up a website soon (Pepper Pound). Not much there at the moment, so it's ebay for the time being.

His prices are a bit steep, especially for the superhots, but then again I bought from him last year and it's worth mentioning that the plants you receive are a bit larger than the norm... I bought two Datil plants and you can get an idea of their size by the solo cups I moved them into shortly after receiving them. I think they were about 3 months old upon receipt:

IMGP0289.jpg

They lost a couple of the lower leaves in transit, but I remember them being well packaged, especially for their size. Plants turned out true, I've overwintered one of them and it's still going strong...

Money's a bit tight this year, but I might buy from him again just to see how reliable his seed stock is. It's worth noting that he seems to use his own photos on the listings, at least for the plants, as they are different from last year.

Why not buy here from reputable forum members or those recommended by members. Our community should support one another, and here sellers can be held somewhat responsible for their actions.

I agree if you posted here I'm sure you could find someone willing to sale you a few plants. In fact the first year I started I planted a few seeds per cell expecting to loose a few and when ALL of my seeds sprouted I offered them up for FREE to members including the Superhots.

Like I said, the plants are expensive and going through our members here is generally the best option. However, the visibility works both ways; I originally found this site when googling a seller and being directed to one of the threads here. Frankly, many sites just don't easily allow for a discussion of vendors. Now if anyone googles PepperPound.com, this is the second result (confirmed through a browser I no longer use). Magic.

I ordered Datil and Hot Lemon on 5/7 from this seller(I'm an impatient impulse buyer that eBays too much). Paid 14.58 total( but the price of the Datil plant has dropped $3 since). They arrived in two days. The plants were well packed and came with detailed instructions (It was basically saying that he did shipping "tests" on some plants for 3 1/2 days in a box, and then told what worked best in the tests for introducing them back into sunlight). Anyway, they're doing fine, but I did break the top off of the datil by dropping something on it.

The prices for super hots are quite steep(but they have dropped, 8.79 for yellow bhut now), but then again I saw someone trying to sell a Moruga 1 inch SEEDLING for 45 dollars. Freaking outrageous, and I hope that whover may actually buy that likes getting scammed. Probably ends up being a jalapeno

Back