trade Eephus' Annual Tomatoes vs. Peppers Trade Thread

Some of this seed is a couple of years old, so keep that in mind, but the story is this...I have a ton of tomato seed and I'm interested in any unusual peppers varieties you may be willing to trade for them. I have a ton of some seed, and just a handful of others, so keep that in mind if you're really jonesin' for a particular type.

My seed collection was thrown out by a co-worker earlier this year, so I don't have a ton of selection, but I'll list what tomato seed I have first, and then what pepper seed I already have (I can also spare some peppers seeds).

I love unusually shaped/colored peppers that are not commonly/commercially available

What I've Got...

Tomatoes:

Indira Gandhi
Reisentraube
Beefsteak (Red)
Pineapple
Kewalo
Yellow Jubilee
Sunshine
Juan Flamee
New Sun
PSR 37
Bedouin
Dutchman
Black Krim
Black From Tula
Redfeld
Sophie's Choice
Toma Verde Tomatillo
Caspian Pink
Native Sun
Yellow Brandywine
Crimson Cushion
Campbell's 1327
Red Oxheart
Silvery Fir Tree
Green Zebra
Amana Orange
Black Brandywine
Rosalita
Purple Calabash
Roma (CO)
Hillbilly
Red Jellybean
Pink Brandywine
Currant
Stupice
Black Prince
Red Zebra
Cherokee Purple
Lisa King
Fireworks
Yellow Pear
Peach Shaped

Other Stuff:

Agate Soybean
Empress Snap Bush Bean
Silver Queen Okra
Homemade Pickles Cucumber
Poona Kheera Cucumber
Edna Farr Okra
Sugar Baby Watermelon
Calendula
Bennings Green Tint Scallop Squash
Zucchino Rampicante
Basil Blend (Cinnamon, Genovese, Tall Lemon, Lime, Mammoth, Purple Petra)
Cilantro
Snap Bush Bean Mix (Blue Lake 274, Cherokee Wax, Purple Queen)
Tetra Dill
Little Finger Carrot
Lacinato (Dinosaur) Kale
Easter Egg Blend Radish (red, white, rose pink, purple, bi-color)
Chioggia Beet
Green & Red Shiso
Monstrueux de Viroflay Spinach
Di Cicco Broccoli
Danvers Carrot
Henderson Lima Bean (Bush)
Rat Tail Radish

Peppers I *Already* Have (If available for trade, noted in parentheses):

Kaleidoscope (Non-Isoed Available AND Isoed Available)
Hinkelhatz (Non-Isoed AND Isoed CO Available)
Anaheim (Non-Isoed Available)
Canary Bell
Chocolate Habanero (Non-Isoed Available)
Red Bell (Isoed Available)
Naga Jolokia (Non-Isoed Available)
Criolla Sella (Non-Isoed Available)
Jalmundo Jalapeno (Isoed Available)
Ashe County Pimiento
R. Naky (Isoed Available)
Shishito (Isoed Available)
Goat's Weed (Isoed Available)
Yellow Bhut Jolokia (Isoed Available)
Santa Fe Grande (Isoed Available)
Mini Red Bell (Isoed Available)
Jimmy Nardello's (Isoed Available)
Mustard Habanero (Isoed Available)
Buran (Isoed Available)

Nice varieties on everything.
What tomatoes on your list do/did best in Austin with our hell heat?

Honestly? That's why they're all going. Cherry tomatoes do very well for me. In my grow space (mainly pots and one raised bed), I simply cannot grow slicing tomatoes. Might be me. Might be conditions. Might be the heat. Either way, I'm worn out of trying. If/when I move to some Houston clay east of the fault line, I'll try again in the ground. Until then, I'm sticking with peppers, cucumbers, squash, beans/peas, herbs, and lettuce mixes in the winter.

So the answer is that cherry tomatoes are pretty productive for me (sungold, yellow pear, reisentraube, sweet 100s, and a few others). Cherokee Purple and JD's Special C-Tex have done okay for me, some years.

Thessaloniki, Opalka, Dr. Wyche's Yellow Tomatillo for some Butch-T, Chapeu du Frade and Aji amarillo?

Guillaume, I'll PM you later today or tomorrow. Do you have a more extensive list. I may want the AA, but probably not the other two. Butch T's are great for novelty for me, but I'll rarely/never eat them. Either way, I'll figure out a way to get you what you want. I owe you.

My problem is I don't have a lot of what I harvested cataloged yet. You can look at my grow list and see what I intended to grow. Not all of it survived, most of it actually didn't--we had a drought. Can't offer any of the cgn stuff either. What particularly are you looking for? I can dig though my stuff and see it I can find it.

My problem is I don't have a lot of what I harvested cataloged yet. You can look at my grow list and see what I intended to grow. Not all of it survived, most of it actually didn't--we had a drought. Can't offer any of the cgn stuff either. What particularly are you looking for? I can dig though my stuff and see it I can find it.

Wilco, G.

Billy Biker and Jalapeno Candelaria both sound interesting to me. I think the BBs are hybrids? Do you have any original seed left over?

Okay, guys. Thanks for those that have responded so far. Found some awesome seed from y'all!

If anyone wants a package this week, please hit me up via PM or here before Tuesday, as I'm making my PO run that day.

Also, don't worry about even trades. If you want something, please just let me know if you think you have anything that might fit my description in the OP. I want someone to grow these tomatoes since I'm not going to.

Honestly? That's why they're all going. Cherry tomatoes do very well for me. In my grow space (mainly pots and one raised bed), I simply cannot grow slicing tomatoes. Might be me. Might be conditions. Might be the heat. Either way, I'm worn out of trying. If/when I move to some Houston clay east of the fault line, I'll try again in the ground. Until then, I'm sticking with peppers, cucumbers, squash, beans/peas, herbs, and lettuce mixes in the winter.

So the answer is that cherry tomatoes are pretty productive for me (sungold, yellow pear, reisentraube, sweet 100s, and a few others). Cherokee Purple and JD's Special C-Tex have done okay for me, some years.

Same news here. This summer I plan on trying only a few cherry types and a currant type.

Same news here. This summer I plan on trying only a few cherry types and a currant type.

Lemme know how the good ones go, if you would. My last Sungold plant has at least four dozen tomatoes on it right now. If it doesn't freeze tonight, I think I'll still be getting fresh lil' cherry toms here this first week of December. The Sungolds took the heat well this year. Not much fruit, but no death during that time.

Back