• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Egg Identification

Hey all, could you help me identify what these are. I think they are eggs, they are on the underside of my jigsaw seedling. The only critters around that I have seen and killed at the moment are flea beetles, had a little damage but just the odd one for now, these do not look like flea beetle eggs that I have seen online but I am sure they do not all look the same. Any help would be great, I do not want to destroy them if they are something helpful. Edit: Further inspection shows 3-4 seedlings with the same eggs some on top and some below the leaves about 5-10 in each group.

13713516_10153548338495672_329944248_n.jpg

Also this little fella is stiing at the tip of my choc fatalii, I do not see any damage but identification would be great, do I need to search and destroy or give him a wide berth. Could not quite get it in focus, has two long antenna
13713247_10153548365050672_1095041086_n.jpg

So my local man says the first are butterfly eggs. They hatch into little caterpillars that live in the soil and munch the plants at night, they did a number on some of my basil and passion fruit. He knows somethings but often makes stuff up I think :) So any thoughts are welcome. I should him the little critter on the leaf he just squished it and said malo (bad) That is all I got from him on this one ;)

Cut the leaf off and place in a lidded jar with a few holes to let airflow and you should find out what type of eggs they are in awhile when they start to hatch.

JDFan said:
Cut the leaf off and place in a lidded jar with a few holes to let airflow and you should find out what type of eggs they are in awhile when they start to hatch.
I am away for 4 weeks. Hopefully the plants are looked after, if these eggs are still turning up when I get back I will most definitely do this.

Back