• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

El Jardinero 2012 Grow Log

My first ever grow log. Not new to growing .. just new to growing super hots ... and my mouth gets watery!

Want to start early and get good sized plants ready for spring. If they are a good size, I'll probably sell the extra plants at local farmers market.
Will start indoors in grow tents with 600 watt lights. Roughly 170 peppers to start. Might germinate another 100 at the beginning of the year.
Any input or feedback will and is greatly appreciated.

A big thank you to capsidadburn, Hendrix1326 and chad s for their generosity!

Thanks but I am going to be overwhelmed with peppers this year I think. Please send them to another. My chocolate bhut is looking as productive as yours. I will be drying some next weekend I think.

Glad you are having success!

I like leaving town and coming back to lots of ripe peppers.
Think I might auction most of my peppers this year. Too many to use.

Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
7443283092_ceac62fb4e.jpg

Everything looks great, this choco bhut looks maroon... interesting...

I'm a pepper smoking and drying maniac!

I've been smoking several jonahs and douglahs for 4 hours then making powders.
This is freaking addictive! Just made an awesome sauce with homemade chipotles and smoked 7 Pot Jonah powder.
My face is on fire but I can't stop eating it!

Below are some douglahs and jonahs that will only be dehydrated in my $2 garage sale ronco. :party:

great looking chiles . . . love your security - should keep any unwanted guests away. good luck with your powders and with the rest of the season.

Back