• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce El Yucateco Red and Green Hab Sauce

Found this brand at Walmart.

Made in Mexico, sold from Texas.

$1.50 each.

Surprisingly good and also has respectable heat.

Something I can pour as much as I like with very little cost.

elyucatecoredandgreenvq4.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/52/elyucatecoredandgreenvq4.jpg

They've got lots of preservatives, but for the price you can't argue too much with 'em. I always keep one of each around just in case.

Oh, and if you marinate some chicken with the green sauce, it comes out looking like it's radioactive as hell.

Sickmont said:
They've got lots of preservatives, but for the price you can't argue too much with 'em. I always keep one of each around just in case.

Oh, and if you marinate some chicken with the green sauce, it comes out looking like it's radioactive as hell.

Green glowing chicken......what a picture.

I increased the size of the pic so the labels could be read easily.

Havent had the green sauce but I have had the red sauce and thought it was pretty good. Lik you said decent heat and not a bad flavor, went really well on pizza.

Popular in restaurants.

Necrocannibal said:
Havent had the green sauce but I have had the red sauce and thought it was pretty good. Lik you said decent heat and not a bad flavor, went really well on pizza.
I made some chicken strip rolls with stuffing last night and had both kinds with it. It went well together.

I wish I had the money to use the expensive kinds, but I don't. At $1.50 a bottle, I can use all I want without worrying about how much it's costing me.

The green has the same exact flavor of the green habs. It goes really well with Mexican rice dishes.

I really like this range the green is great actually the whole range is an excellent basic hot sauce, very easy to use.

Don't forget, if you go down to a local Mexican grocery store, you'll find that El Yucateco makes like 7 or 8 styles of hot sauces, and thats not counting the condiments and concentrates and honey they have also.

The natural colored one is my absolute favorite. I can't find it in the big bottles though. I usually pick up the red, green and natural whenever I visit the latin supermarket.

Sickmont said:
Don't forget, if you go down to a local Mexican grocery store, you'll find that El Yucateco makes like 7 or 8 styles of hot sauces, and that's not counting the condiments and concentrates and honey they have also.

I hear you man. There's a little one just down the road 5 miles. It's tiny, but has a lot of Latin staples. The majority of the clientele and the employees are a dead give-away. They have about 10 types of dried peppers and loads of canned. I didn't see the other El Yucateco sauces. I'll have to look closer the next time I'm there.

The natural colored one is their extra hot sauce, isn't it? That one will actually raise a bit of sweat on the back of my neck if I use enough. Taste too.
I wanted to drive to Merida, QuinanaRoo while I was in Yucatan this summer to visit their facility....but the wife and kids voted me down.

Those are nice..I really like the Aztec recipe hab sauce.
It's the hottest one and has great flavor and less colorings. It's addictive. :)

I had seen these sauces around & because of this thread I decided to pick up the red hab one for a try. I just nuked a couple frozen White Castles & liberally poured this sauce on the meat. Delicious! And the heat is there but not too bad. I can't wait to try this on eggs.

ImpyChick said:
I had seen these sauces around & because of this thread I decided to pick up the red hab one for a try. I just nuked a couple frozen White Castles & liberally poured this sauce on the meat. Delicious! And the heat is there but not too bad. I can't wait to try this on eggs.

I made an omelet burrito and put the red hab one in it. It was great! I like the "Mission" brand "wraps" (tortilla) and I'm known to put almost anything in one. I've tried mixtures of foods that are weird as hell, but end up tasting really good.

The Garlic one is my favorite. When I have left over Chinese food, I'll make a burrito out of it and add anything in the fridge to it. The tortilla is just something to get it to my mouth...:lol:

The hot sauce is the one common thing I put in all of them.

Had a chicken and artichoke heart with tomato, onion and macaroni salad burrito the other day with some Datil sauce on it. I'm going to do that one again. It was good!

Oh I agree, those Mission wraps are awesome. I love going to First Watch & ordering their "power wrap." It's egg whites, smoked turkey, mushrooms, spinach, & Swiss in a Mission sundried tomato wrap. It's served with a side of fresh salsa. I make my own version @ home sometimes. Too bad I don't have all the ingredients @ hand right now, I just made myself hungry!

I saw a bottle of the green sauce in the store tuesday and decided to pick it up. It went well on pizza just like the red one and today I tried it on a Wendy's hamburger. I only have 1/4 of the bottle left now though......

I have the red and would buy it again.

I like it on cheese and crackers hotdogs ect.
the heat is a little much for a novice but about right for advanced chiliheads.
the price is right but I had to import mine so no upside there.

shayneyasinski said:
I have the red and would buy it again.

I like it on cheese and crackers hotdogs ect.
the heat is a little much for a novice but about right for advanced chiliheads.
the price is right but I had to import mine so no upside there.

I'm all the way down in Florida, but if it would help you, I'd be glad to ship you a box full of them, (or any other U.S. product available in my area), to save you costs. When I order things like that to be shipped, I always try to make it a large order so that the best shipping price is in effect. PM me if you'd like me to do that. Or maybe someone returning from the states could bring you a bag full.

Good luck!

Back