• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Elcap's 2013/2014 Oceanside Glog

I began moving into the parentals' house in earnest this week, so I figured, while I moved my stuff in, why not let a bunch of seeds started. Here's the list of seeds I started:
  • Peach Ghost Scorpion x9
  • White Ghost Pepper x12
  • Orange Ghost Pepper x12
  • Purple Ghost Pepper x12
  • Red Ghost Pepper x25
  • Naga Morich x12
  • Jay's Ghost Scorpion x15
  • Red TS Moruga x25
  • Red 7Pot "Brain Strain" x25
  • Red TS Butch T x25
  • Red 7Pot "Jonah" x12
  • Red 7Pot "Primo" x13
  • Yellow 7Pot "Brain Strain" x12
  • Yellow TS Butch T x12
Granted, it's pretty heavy on Ghost Peppers,  but since I had so many of the colors, why not? That, and I have more than enough space in the backyard now. Here's to an awesome year, and since pretty much all these peppers (except for the Ghost Scorpion I believe) were ones I got from Judy, I should have some excellent germination rates.

And for anyone asking, the plants I had started, at my apartment, I'm sad to say, got a bad infestation of aphids, so bad, I had to put a couple plants down. The ones that weren't so bad, I ended up giving away to a neighbor who's been admiring them.

I'm very hopeful as well with these guys! Here's to a productive season!

Thanks! I'm hoping to have a very productive year here :)

WalkGood said:
Nice list and best wishes ... any pics yet?

Have a great weekend ^_^

Oh heavens no. I've been running around like a headless chicken for the last week straight, getting everything set up & moved in. Once things settle down, I'll do some pics of the seed trays I've done, as well as the places I'll eventually be planting :)

Holy jez thats a list man kinda glad I dont have the room for a grow like that id get myself in dept lol

Smitty said:
Holy jez thats a list man kinda glad I dont have the room for a grow like that id get myself in dept lol

Well, the one nice thing is, the occasional (read: nigh daily) rain showers here help immesurably with water, and I have the space outside now to grow plenty of the plants :)

As requested, here's some pics of the backyard...

Here's the trays with the Jiffy pellets and all my seeds :)
IMG_4692-vi.jpg

Here's where the plants will be. It'll be in direct sun for the vast majority of the day and catches the sun @ sunrise. For perspective, the stone path on the side is about 3 feet wide
IMG_4696-vi.jpg

There's another area I can grow the peppers. It's a decent sized area and can easily put a couple dozen plants there...
IMG_4693-vi.jpg

And just over those bushes and those apartment buildings is the ocean :)
IMG_4698-vi.jpg

The small bushy area just on the other side of the fence, is buzzing (pun intended) with bees, who are only too willing to pollenate :)
IMG_4695-vi.jpg

Your parents HOA allow that in FL? I know in some areas they are a true PIA! I have a lot of friends in and around Tampa, Orlando and Coco beach area.

So long as it's in the backyard, the HOA could care less. Plus, as far as they're concerned, the plants are all ornamental, and I'll still be keeping the bulk of the backyard pepper-free, so they can't complain TOO much.

Woo hoo :) Just checked this morning, and I already have my first hook. The honor goes to 7Pot Jonah :)

IMG_4702-vi.jpg

Just before leaving to come to work, I checked the tray, and there are now a grand total of 4 Jonah seedlings that have popped up :)

Thanks! I'm hoping to get many more hooks in the coming days and couple weeks

It's official, I have at least 2-3 seedlings of every single type I put into the Jiffy Pellets. Several I have almost a dozen of each (especially the ones which I put 25 of in the pellets), and my Jonah, the first one to pop up, had enough leaves on it that I transferred it to a 5 gallon pot and have it outside. The rest, I'll be moving them outside fully in the coming days and weeks when I have some time :)

Since I have several seedlings just about ready for prime-time, I went to Home Depot and bought 23 bags of soil mix, and in the next few days, I'll be transplanting the seedlings into pots. Reason I got 23 bags was because for the 3 remaining Home Depot buckets, I'll need almost a whole bag for each bucket, but for the 5-gallon nursery pots (which are more like 4.25 gallons), I'll only need half a bag each. I already went ahead and ordered 60 more of the nursery pots, since about half of the seedlings that sprouted still aren't ready for prime time quite yet. That, and eventually, I'm gonna try to germinate some more seedlings to fill out the numbers of the ones I wanted :)

Here's the first batch of 7Pot Jonah's I've potted up. The first 4 were ones I did last week, so they're a bit bigger, and the remaining 3 are ones I did today. Enjoy!

IMG_4729-vi.jpg

IMG_4733-vi.jpg

IMG_4734-vi.jpg

IMG_4735-vi.jpg

IMG_4730-vi.jpg

IMG_4731-vi.jpg

IMG_4732-vi.jpg

IMG_4736-vi.jpg

Back