Elusive peppers

Dang...whassup with all the hostility up in here??? Will be looking forward to the pics of those F3's Vincent! Now lets all chill like some fo-real ice cream and quit with all the nastiness and name calling!!! C'mon y'all...

hotjohn9 said:
Hey everyone lets all jerk Coheed off because he has them directly from Butch (just like the rest of us) and is the first in the WHOLE world. No one asked the question of who is the first or only person growing them in the world. What rebelgrower 3 asked was info on the peppers
I didn't get the impression that coheed was trying to brag or anything. I think he was just trying to clarify exactly how far "stabalized" the variety is...

I understand what coheed is saying he has the f3 from Butch which is a more stable generation. I've been following this pepper on Facebook and the f1 and f2 are throwing alot of variation and not the pepper Butch calls the Ice Scream. The original has a very distinct color and flavor. I don't think coheed was bragging just saying he is the first to grow the more stable f3 generation so if someone says I have f4 or something he has papers to prove them wrong. Let's please not turn this thread into a pissing match let's keep it about the Ice Scream and Daisy Cutter peppers I want to hear opinions on these and not arguments over what's what. Thanks

stc3248 said:
Dang...whassup with all the hostility up in here??? Will be looking forward to the pics of those F3's Vincent! Now lets all chill like some fo-real ice cream and quit with all the nastiness and name calling!!! C'mon y'all...

Yes children, knock it off!

What I was saying is that I didn't grow a F1 or F2 and get seeds myself to grow the F3. All I was saying is that I got the F3 seeds from Butch. I'm fully aware that everybody else got seeds from him, I didn't think that anybody else growing it just crapped the seeds out. But if you want to jerk me off, then that's your own business.

Screenshot_2013-09-28-23-32-40_zpsbeea492b.png

Thanks, I planted 4 seeds when I got them. I had 3 sprout but one of them isn'tdo ing so well so I'll probably just cut it down. The others are on their 4th set of true leaves and seem to be pretty happy under the T5's. I've also got a 007 (another Butch Taylor plant) growing also. And a hybridI created this year, iit's a Not Black Naga X Yellow Scotch Bonnet. The not black naga is an unknown cross grown by Christopher Phillips cmpman1974. Since that's an unknown hybrid it'll be very interesting to see what the pods look like

hotjohn9 said:
rebelgrower3 here is an elusive pepper. the yellow reaper just spotted in my garden. the whole plant is pushing out  yellow reapers

Thats awesome! Wanna trade some seeds?

That's crazy, just a random mutation?
Here's my elusive pepper. It's a cross I created, nigel just reviewed one. It's over in the hot peppertalk for um.

PC_20130801_170127_hdr_PerfectlyClear_0001_zps91362118.jpg

Vhybrid91513_zpsba0bc20a.jpg

hotjohn9 said:
Everyone I read the post incorrectly from from coheed196 and apologize to the thread for talking smack. my bad
Thank you hotjohn9. I appreciate that.

How much does NMSU charge? I found one lab that does it for $50 if the pods are already processed (powdered/puree) it's Southwest bio-labs in Las cruces

coheed196 said:
How much does NMSU charge? I found one lab that does it for $50 if the pods are already processed (powdered/puree) it's Southwest bio-labs in Las cruces
that is the place, Southwest biolabs, I have always thought NMSU and Southwest were the same place. Mike charges 50.00 like you stated, sounds like we are talking about the same place

Back