• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music EMI problem with guitar amp?

ross said:
haha, believe it or not, it is worse with different guitars. I tried my Les Paul last night, and it was unplayable. It was so loud it was like feedback.

Sigh

So perhaps it's the guitars? Maybe the pickups aren't sheilded as well as they could be, and maybe your new set-up is hyper-sensitive to it.

ross said:
haha, believe it or not, it is worse with different guitars. I tried my Les Paul last night, and it was unplayable. It was so loud it was like feedback.

Sigh

wow...instant hendrix impersonations :P

If you're using a good sheilded cable from amp to guitar I suppose it must be down to the pick-ups.
At the other side...are you sure it's coming from the computer box itself, or maybe the screen?

bentalphanerd said:
wow...instant hendrix impersonations :P

If you're using a good sheilded cable from amp to guitar I suppose it must be down to the pick-ups.
At the other side...are you sure it's coming from the computer box itself, or maybe the screen?

It isnt the screen. I have LCD monitors. CRT is what gives off the buzzing sound, but this is different than that. Damn my friend came out here and instead of fixing my PC we drank a bunch of beer. Hm.......

I use mostly monster cables. There is a planet waves in the chain somewhere, but they are good cables.

Still need to hook the PC in. Damnit, I will do it after dinner tonight!

Back