• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Emphysema treatment

My dad has emphysema nd we went to the pulmonary doc 4 months ago and his resting blood O2 was 89 (should be 90 or above). We went last week and after reading some things, I gave him a 1/4 teaspoon of mexcian hot sauce (nice light bite to a pepper head, but pretty powerful to someone who does not eat hot stuff). We went to the doc and his resting blood O2 was 93.

Tonight I took him for a walk which he has some troubles with sometimes and gave him the same hot sauce (with his usual didain for the stuff) and the walk was good.

That is a very interesting story. :cool:

Did you give your father the hot sauce just before going to see his doctor, or had he been on a regular regimen of hot sauce prior to seeing his doctor.

Chile peppers do seem to have a lot of health benefits and this might be one more to add to the list.

Thanks for sharing this info with us.

dvg

That is a very interesting story. :cool:

Did you give your father the hot sauce just before going to see his doctor, or had he been on a regular regimen of hot sauce prior to seeing his doctor.

Chile peppers do seem to have a lot of health benefits and this might be one more to add to the list.

Thanks for sharing this info with us.

dvg

An hour before, but I read about it also. More interesting info: people in thailand and mexico have very very low heart attack rates. Capsaicin thins the blood for a couple hrs, but in those cultures they eat peppers morning and evening.

Back